Things you wish you liked - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Things you wish you liked

Options
2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no, Monopoly is one of the worst for me @csno01 :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wish I liked mince pies

But it's not my fault they're horrible
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,604 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Where is the mark as spam button :o:o
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Shame...
    lets not forget liquorice allsorts

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    leeCal said:
    Shame...
    Now, those I love :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    I wish I liked more food then I do...I have a thing about textures, I wont eat any meat or seafood, I can only eat eggs if they're in a Yorkshire pudding or a cake...my son tells everyone I'm a vegatarian that doesn't really like vegetables, sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower,  salad leaves are all a no go for me...I can manage things like carrots, peas, onions....I can eat beans on toast but have to pick through them to avoid the little skins that come off them....I basically live on potatoes and dairy....it's gets so flippin boring but I cant change how I feel about food!
    Needless to say, a meal out would not be something I'd look forward too...
    Used to think it was just a me thing, but over the years I have heard of other people with similar problems with food.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cress said:
    I wish I liked more food then I do...I have a thing about textures, I wont eat any meat or seafood, I can only eat eggs if they're in a Yorkshire pudding or a cake...my son tells everyone I'm a vegatarian that doesn't really like vegetables, sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower,  salad leaves are all a no go for me...I can manage things like carrots, peas, onions....I can eat beans on toast but have to pick through them to avoid the little skins that come off them....I basically live on potatoes and dairy....it's gets so flippin boring but I cant change how I feel about food!
    Used to think it was just a me thing, but over the years I have heard of other people with similar problems with food.
    Me too...  I just don't like food and wish I did.  I think about this quite often as there's not likely to be any brand new, as yet undiscovered, food appearing...this is it for the rest of my life.

My diet is very restricted due to other issues as well (OCD being the main one) but even the food I do eat, I don't really like.  I don't like the feeling of food in my mouth at all, even things that start with a reasonable texture, become less so with chewing, and there aren't any tastes or smells that I particularly like... 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with @Tori_Scope about board games though I once made one myself, which was great fun.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @csno01

I see you like a bourbon :) Have you tried Gentleman Jack? Also, have you tried a cocktail called an Old Fashioned?
    Hi 66Mustang,
    I heard of Zgentlemen/man Jack whiskey. I have also tried an Old fashioned. Its a nice Night Cap. You definately dont need anything else afterwards haha. Ross_Scope said:

Ross: They go well with a Brew!leeCal said:
    Shame...
    Liqurich Allsprts, eww no! 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cress said:
    Definitely not alone with this! I'm the exact same, mainly due to my emetophobia. I really do wish I liked more varieties of food but this is an ongoing battle. 

I'm not comfortable speaking in front of people so how I managed to do a speech at my wedding I don't know!

Ah, Bubble Man! I don't like him either. He's gotten to be like the Coca-Cola advert... you know its nearly Christmas when...!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Ami2301 said:
    Cress said:
    Definitely not alone with this! I'm the exact same, mainly due to my emetophobia. I really do wish I liked more varieties of food but this is an ongoing battle. 
    Well that's something we share...  I'm interested as to how you cope with babies despite that?  :o
  • Ami2301
    Options
    OverlyAnxious said:
    Well that's something we share...  I'm interested as to how you cope with babies despite that?  :o

The fear did deter me from having a baby for long enough, but my fear is nowhere near as severe as it was thankfully.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    The Bubble Man @Ami2301 :D 

It's good that your fear is less severe now :) How are you and Daisy getting on? 

• Ami2301
    Options
    We are good thank you @Tori_Scope :) Daisy is slowly settling into a routine, can't believe she will be 2 weeks old this coming week. My back is so much better than it was, the hospital bed did not help my back at all, I dread to think how I would have ended up if we had stayed any longer... most likely unable to move at all!
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm so glad you're both doing well @Ami2301. Wow, time really does fly! I'm sure you are, but savour every moment of these early weeks. 

That wouldn't have been ideal, so it's good to hear your back is better. It must be nice to have your home comforts too.

Brightness