Things you wish you had. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Things you wish you had.

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
Heres an opportunity to say exactly what you wish you had bearing in mind that Santa may be listening. ? ? 

For example, I wish I had a garage to store all my miscellaneous stuff in and to use as a workshop from time to time. How about it Santa?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wish I had a partner but has to be the right one 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wish i had a slightly bigger house and a stairs that aren't so steep!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    Options
    Finding the right partner is so difficult @janer1967 isn’t it. And I think people can change when you live with them, perhaps they stop trying so hard to please.

@poppy123456 me too, my house is a little too small and has a steep stairs, and crucially no garage or off street parking, the latter being quite a problem these days where each house might have two cars. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Patience...

And a new home...but hopefully I'll find that before Santa arrives!
  • leeCal
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious perhaps you need one of those sand trays which you rake for ages and then spoil and start again, don’t know what they’re called. Or perhaps try making a house of cards with a fan on the table? ?

i hope you find a new home soon by the way.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Options
    I wish for a vaccine.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,592 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am pretty happy with what I have, there is nothing I don’t have that I really want

I mean of course I’d take a big house and a sports car and half a dozen expensive watches, but I don’t particularly need them and they would not define me if I did have them

A job that I can do despite all my issues would be nice

Sorry for the cheesy answer
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have been renting for a while so to buy our own home would be great, to be able to put down roots and have some security.  Other than that money can't buy what I want (sounded like I was going into a Beatles song then  :D) other than perhaps chocolate.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness