Blogs to help you understand mental illness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blogs to help you understand mental illness

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
Hi all,

I posted a link to a blog post from The Blurt Foundation called mourning the person you were before depression in a comment the other day, and @chiarieds pointed out that it was helpful in further understanding experiences of depression.

Here are a few more blogs from Blurt's website:
Blogs can not only help you to understand your own mental illness and feel less alone, but can also help others to understand what you might be going through.

Do you know of any good blogs or resources related to improving understandings of mental illness? 
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for not forgetting @Tori_Scope - as you know I thought the post I read on Blurt helped me understand depression a little more, so I looked at other posts & found them helpful too. I especially related to the one on anxiety....some of you will see I often post about a breathing exercise, which helps cope with both stress & pain, & something I personally use daily. So I felt the info was both correct & relatable, & hope others find the same. I will be looking at the other links from this very useful site. The more we understand, the more we can help each other. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great, I'm glad you found them helpful @chiarieds. I only discovered Blurt this summer as my next door neighbour was fundraising for them, but I've found their resources really useful so far. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness