Good day / bad day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good day / bad day

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Well a good start to the day welcome to the world my great nephew born this morning 

Bad day now at hospital awaiting my 2nd eye injection 

What has been good or bad about your day today ? 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s some good news congratulations :)

I am just having a normal day so far with nothing spectacularly good or bad having happened yet!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Awww welcome to the world your great nephew  <3 and good luck with the injection @janer1967 I hope it goes well.

My good news is planning to go for a jog when I've finished work and do some Christmas shopping online (not at the same time).  My bad news is finding out the bread was out of date when I went for my dinner.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on the birth of your great nephew @janer1967 - & I hope your 2nd eye injection went smoothly.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats that's great news, we have had a shocking 24 hours a friend of 40 years has passed away and just found out that my cousins husband aged 68 is finally losing his long battle with cancer and won't see Christmas
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @janer1967 :)

So sorry @woodbine my thoughts are with you :( 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Good news, I won some money on mu online Lottery account last week (albeit about 2 quid) so I put it on Set for life for tonight and Thursday.

Bad news, I'm entering an online patterns competition at my Martial Arts club this month, we're supposed to film ourselves doing patterns and send it to the teacher by the end of the month, we tried to record on my 4K video camera this afternoon while the weather was good for it, but it didn't work!

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine sorry for your loss thinking of you 

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone 

Eye injection went ok will be resting it for couple days now 
  • 66Mustang
    I’m sorry to hear of your loss @woodbine.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry for your loss @woodbine
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tori_Scope
    Congratulations @janer1967, and I'm glad the eye injection went well. I hope the recovery all goes smoothly.

Good: I'll be doing an online murder mystery with some friends later for our friend's birthday

Bad: it's definitely my turn to clean our house bathroom, so I'll be doing that first. First world problems, I know!

• 66Mustang
    Bad: I have a cold today :(

Good: I have some sushi to eat later :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Get better soon @66Mustang! And enjoy your sushi :) 

• 66Mustang
  • 66Mustang
    I got a stone chip on my car windscreen today from a stone thrown up by a van coming the other way :( it should cost £50 (excess) for a new windscreen on the Motability scheme insurance.

Oh well these things happen.
  • Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    I'm in the middle of an ME crash >< I haven't crashed in many months - I was doing really well and then...now I suffer. Again.
  • 66Mustang
    @Francis_theythem sorry to hear that :( I hope you feel better soon
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that @Francis_theythem, I hope you feel better soon, is there anything you can do to help it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    Just rest. I feel a bit better after 5 days of bed rest and limited sensory input. My housemate is helping take care of carers so I don't have to get out of bed much. My baseline for activity is super low now though.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hi @woodbine - I am very sorry to read about the loss of your long-time friend, & your news about your cousin's husband; my thoughts are also with you.
    @66Mustang - I hope you haven't got 'man flu.' Hope you are improving
    @Francis-theythem - I'm sorry you are suffering so after doing so well; take very good care of yourself.
    Must admit I've had a bad few days. I can usually cope with the 'normal' chronic daily pain, but anything else on top & I'm a wimp. I slipped on the wet decking just outside my patio door on Sunday; luckily just banged my 'good' knee, but jarred my back & have hurt my 'good' shoulder, so am feeling a bit fragile.
    Yesterday morning we got the sad news that our elderly tenant had died due to Covid-19. Matters are complicated as her son lives in Australia, & the added stress in trying to sort some things out hasn't helped.
    The good bits.....my son came around on Sunday to assure himself I hadn't broken anything (last time I fell I fractured my hip, & didn't tell my children until the next day.... well it was on the evening of my son's wedding!); my daughter also phoned asking the same thing. I am reminded of how much they both care.
    The rental property, my mother-in-law's bungalow, became mine with a divorce settlement, which I'm giving to my children (paperwork all done, but needs to be signed in front of the solicitor after lockdown). We have been phoning each other trying to sort things out, & I still seem to have my uses in helping! Life can be too short, as the saying goes, but I hope to see my children benefit from the sale of this rental property whilst I'm still around.

• 66Mustang
    @chiarieds that’s a nice thing to do with the rental property and I know what you mean about your children wanting them to benefit while you can see them. My grandmother is the same!! :) Also, a neighbour was of a similar view so she “equity released” her house and gave the money to her children which I think was a bit daft but it’s what she wanted to do.

Brightness