Uc carers element — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc carers element

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Hi everyone ive a question on benefits as some of you no I now receive uc lcwra. Enhanced pip on both and council tax reduction, i have no mortgage as i paid off this. my daughter who is my full time carer gets carers allowance and carers element my question is does my daughters carers benefits reflect on the benefits I receive 
I'm sorry for all questions but this is a 1st for me with being on benefits 
Thanks 
Tara

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I beleive i've answered this question for you before. No, it doesn't affect any of your benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Thanks poppy you probably have answered you have helped so much it was only because I received a letter saying carers this could effect council tax reduction 
    Thanks poppy enjoy your day ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.

This will be because the carers allowance is taxable income, so your daughter needs to be aware of that. I claim carers allowance for looking after my daughter but my council tax reduction isn't affected by this.Although all local council have their own criteria for council tax reduction.

Thank you and you too :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope the above information has been helpful @tara2019 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • tara2019
    Yes poppy excelled once again in advice given 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    As always :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.