Hi, my name is mrirish! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mrirish!

mrirish
mrirish Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Were do I post about pip ? And appeals? New here hi all 

I'm going through a bad time with pip and appeal was removed off dla high high.. to nothing in jan this year .. 

Now I had an appeal date 6th oct but was ajourned due to not enough medical evidence..

New appeal date set this fri 20th nov 
But my further info was sent to capita for review and decision maker has it on his desk now in pip .. 

I was 1st awarded with 3 points in daily living 0 for mobility 

New capita report has awarded 11 points daily living part 
0 for Mobility 

My question is with that on the DM desk and an email to say it's been changed will he laspe the appeal and go with capitas report ??? 

Or in 4 days time will I still be at the appeal hearing :(((

Thanks everyone and hi again...irish 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    HI and welcome,

May i ask if you reapplied again while waiting for your Tribunal? Sorry but it's not quite clear exactly what you mean by "review"

Also what email do you mean? where was it from?

If you can answer that then i'm sure someone will be able to help you further.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mrirish
    I lost my dla in transition to pip and asked for a supersesion to get a higher award .  
    Done a MR no luck either 
    So took it to appeal 

No new claims been waiting on appeals dates just new evidence was sent in 
  • mrirish
    And hi and ty for the reply and quick one at that :)
  • mrirish
    edited November 2020
    This mite help on the 1st appeal date it was ajourned.. as no evidence.  My representative send them new evidence to back my case up .. 

It went to pip and they sent it for capita doctors to review it to see if they would change any off the points awarded...

It was changed from 3 points to 11 points 

But now I've 4 days to my new appeal date and I contacted pip today and the fella on the phone . 
    Stated that they have the report there and that my appeal is 4 days away he emailed the decision maker that theres been change and to review it 

Is it possible to change the decision before Friday?

• poppy123456
    To be honest i've not heard of anyone sending new evidence to DWP when waiting for a Tribunal hearing, usually evidence is sent to HMCTS. May i also ask what you mean by "an email saying it's been changed" was this from HMCTS?

Sorry for the questions but advice can't be given without more details.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea whether your appeal hearing will be canceled. DWP would need to contact you with the award offer first and if you accept this they will contact HMCTS to cancel the appeal.

The question is, would you be happy with Standard daily living? If this was the offer you can take this and continue with the Tribunal but you would need to apply again to HMCTS and your time would start from the beginning again.

I also see that you said "would i be at the appeal hearing" most hearings are done by telephone and only the most extreme cases are heard face to face.

If you have a rep you should really be speaking to them about this because they will know everything about your case.
  • mrirish
    My appeal was ajourned on 6th oct ... they sayed they want a fair trial so could my representative send further evidence in ...
    It was sent in by herself to the appeal service and pip themselves..

Pip then sent that further evidence to capita and asked capita does this Affect any of the current descriptors? ....capita sent a report back changing there points from 3 to 11 

The fella who I rang today in pip stating he would email the DM to let them no capita revised there 1st decision . 
    He emailed due to only 4 days till my new appeal date 
  • mrirish
  • mrirish
    I would talk to her but problems there she never answers her phone so cant talk :(
  • poppy123456
    We seem to be cross posting with each other, please see my previous comment. I note that you also have a representative and you really should be speaking to them regarding this because they will know everything about your case. My advice is to contact your rep tomnorrow and they will advise you based on your case.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hello @mrirish and welcome to the community :) 

How are you? 

Just to let you know, I've moved your discussion over to our dedicated PIP, DLA and AA category, there may be other useful information over there for you as well :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.