What do people use to record video footage for YouTube or whatever? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do people use to record video footage for YouTube or whatever?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
Topic.

Most of my YouTube footage is recorded directly from the Xbox, but for other stuff I'll use either my phone or a 4K video camera I bought from Wish.com about 6 months ago.

Anyway because I haven't used the 4K video camera for probably 8 months since the last Comic Con before the first lockdown, the filming we tried today didn't work, fortunately I managed to film what I wanted on my phone.

So anyway, do you guys film on your phone or use a proper camera?

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I tried Vlogging briefly (about 3 months I think) and just used my phone.  It depends what you're filming though, some things need to be better quality than others.  I mostly did 'talking head' videos myself, where the lack of HD wasn't a downside!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I have a Blog, but I wouldn't do a video version, especially when half the Internet hates me because I don't work.

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a Blog, but I wouldn't do a video version, especially when half the Internet hates me because I don't work.

I didn't really get any hatred oddly - despite talking about mental health conditions and touching on benefits now and then.

Though it never reached the right people - or at least they didn't comment if it did.  It wasn't helping me and didn't seem to be helping anyone else so I stopped it.

I did also used to make videos on car maintenance and did get a few negative comments on those, usually from people that didn't understand the modern tech in cars though.  It was never malicious or threatening in any way.

Brightness