Brand loyalty — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Brand loyalty

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
Are you loyal to any brands? Do you buy the same brand every time or do you switch between, or perhaps buy what’s the best price at the time?

This can be for any kind of product from food to cleaning products to technology to cars.

Is there any product that you buy a certain brand and would never consider an alternative product, regardless of the price difference?

Personally, I am not brand loyal. In the supermarket I tend to buy whatever is on offer that week as I find it is a good way to try out different products at a percentage of the RRP.

My computers and technology is all Apple but I am not an Apple “devotee”, I am perfectly open to having a different brand in the future. Indeed this may be necessary when my current stuff wears out, as all my Apple products were gifts, I don’t think I could afford to buy them myself!!

All of my cars have been Minis but I think that has been accidental, I couldn’t find anything I preferred :D

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good thread 

I dont stick to any brands relating to food just go for what looks nice and the best price 

My son will only wear Nike trainers probably a teen thing 

But I do think aunt Bessie products are brill 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't really have any particular brand loyalty I don't think, especially for food. I buy pretty much all own brand food where I can, or brands that are on sale. Whatever is cheapest really :D I do buy branded coffee, but don't have a specific brand I'll always get.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    Interesting answers :) thanks for the posts

I just remembered I always buy Oral B toothpaste but I think that’s because the price is always quite good :D

• Tori_Scope
    I'm the same with Colgate @66Mustang, there are so many options there's always one on special offer! 

• 66Mustang
    That’s true!!

I don’t know about Colgate but Oral B do different toothpastes like one for whitening, one to protect against sugar, one for a “deep clean”, why can’t they just put them all into one super toothpaste :D maybe that’s a question for the “why” thread...
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I do have a loyalty when shopping it's called "price loyalty"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    So true @66Mustang, Colgate is the same. They do Colgate Total, which you'd think included them all, but now there are different types of Colgate Total too so who knows.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I get way too many Google things for my own good, so I'd have to say them.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Heinz Beans ❤ I'm actually really picky with brands and loyal to a fair few... Samsung Galaxy devices, Van's shoes, I would be here all day if I reeled off everything  :D
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    Ami2301 said:
    Heinz Beans ❤ I'm actually really picky with brands and loyal to a fair few... Samsung Galaxy devices, Van's shoes, I would be here all day if I reeled off everything  :D
    Have you ever tried Aldi beans? They are actually delicious :yum:
  • Ami2301
    Nope @66Mustang I'm too loyal to Heinz to try another brand  :D
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Yep, that's the only bean brand for me too :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I suppose I am in a lot of ways, like I don't like anyone else's Tomato Soup but Heinz's, and I prefer Tesco's own frozen Pizzas. Biggest would be my allegiance to Microsoft and the Xbox brand, I hate Sony, not so much the company but their fanboys have frequently proven to be thicker than the content of a Dog's bum.

• woodbine
    It should be remembered that many of the leading brand products are made in the same factories by the same people as lower priced goods, one notable exception being Kelloggs who don't make anything for anyone else.

• 66Mustang
    edited November 2020
    I had heard that too @woodbine but I’m guessing they do perhaps use lower quality ingredients for making the cheaper products?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I basically buy exactly the same products each week...  :D

Not specifically brand loyal, just when I actually find something that I can eat and don't hate, I'll stick with it!  There are plenty of own-brand items that I prefer over big brands.  Not all of them though, made the mistake of buying Sainsburys own choc chip cookies this week.  "How bad can a cookie be?"  I thought.  How wrong I was!  :s  The Tesco own ones are fine though, when Galaxy or Fox's aren't on offer.

I'm not brand loyal with cars either, I've owned at least 6 different brands of car in 10 years.  Have had both Xbox and Playstation.  Own various different branded electrical items.

Funny you mention Oral B toothpaste though, I do always stick with that now!  Either the Gum & Enamel one or the Deep Clean one depending on which is on offer at the time - would never pay full price for it!  Though the recent flavour change in the Deep Clean is quastionable... 'Anis Mint'...had to double take when I read that!  :p  
  • Ami2301
    That made me chuckle @OverlyAnxious ?
  • woodbine
    66Mustang said:
    I had heard that too @woodbine but I’m guessing they do perhaps use lower quality ingredients for making the cheaper products?
    @66Mustang usually yes they will all though its often just different ingredients 

Brightness