SDP help, please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP help, please

Cress
Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
I was recently awarded PIP standard daily living and my income support went from 89.20 every two weeks to 159.10 every two weeks.
I applied over the phone for the severe disability premium and was later sent a form to sign for the claim
Yesterday, I had a letter, saying to get in touch as they haven't recieved a reply.
When I rang I was told they had now got my form and had been awarded the severe disability premium as well as disability premium.
I was told that the payment of £629.10 on the 5 Nov included both these premiums backdated to 18 June...but to me it looks like that only includes the disability premium, not both....
Have I got it wrong?
Probably, knowing me lol!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It will depend on when it was paid up until. From 18th June to 5th November it's 11 weeks but if you were paid on 5th November it will have been for less than 11 weeks. 11 weeks for the disability premium of £34.95 is £384.45, this premium is automatically paid. 11 weeks for the SDP is £736.45 but this one isn't automatically paid. Don't forget also that Income Support is paid in arrears. If you think you haven't been paid the correct amount the only way to know for sure is to ring DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cress
    I made it 20 weeks from 18 June to 5 Nov?
    I'll see what happens next time it's due and go from there...
    Thank you Poppy :)
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    You're right, it is 20 weeks. I have no idea where i got 11 weeks from lol. I have my grandson here today so was distracted when i first replied.

Did you receive a letter regarding backdated money for the SDP? I believe the money you received was very likely for the disability premium of £34.95, which would make sense.

As you only received the form to sign yesterday then it's likley you will received the backdated money for the SDP in the next few weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cress
    Thanks for the help Poppy.
    You're allowed distractions, especially grandson ones....lol
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Thank you and yes we are. Grand children are very special and we have to make the most of those baby days because they grow far too quick.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.