You can succeed! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

You can succeed!

Sorry_Susan
Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After 13 months and two appeals, I have managed to secure Advanced rate for both mobility and daily living for my daughter who has an undiagnosed health condition.
Neither of the appeals actually got to tribunal as I was made offers (which we accepted) before tribunal.
My message, don't give up!
Tagged:

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    That's excellent news!
    You must be so relieved.
    I must admit that until I came on this forum it would never have crossed my mind to dispute a claim...
    Thanks for sharing, it helps so many others! :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Brilliant news @Sorry_Susan - Well done to you and your daughter :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news for your daughter and glad it all got sorted out of tribunal thanks for sharing with us 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, thanks for sharing @Sorry_Susan :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sorry_Susan Great news so pleased for you and your daughter, I had my appeal 2 days ago, got letter today Iv also been awarded. Enjoy your weekend ?
  • Lou67
    Aww thanks @was basket123
  • Lou67
    Sorry didn’t mean was lol 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sorry_Susan - I remember when you first posted about your daughter, as I 'think' you once mentioned she might possibly have small fibre neuropathy, something that was also once (erroneously) mentioned in regard to myself.
    I'm delighted to read your daughter was 'eventually' awarded the enhanced rate for both components of PIP. Well done on all your hard work in helping your daughter get an appropriate award.
    I don't know if you feel the award length was also appropriate. If not, you can appeal this, whilst getting monies put into place. You don't have to jump through hoops such as doing another Mandatory Reconsideration, just appeal the award length.
    Anyway, congratulations; your post illustrates that a well written claim about how your disability affects you is more important than any diagnosis/lack thereof. Thank you for sharing this positive experience. :)
  • Sorry_Susan
    Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Thank you @chiarieds! I had no idea I could appeal the length. I am now an old hand at appeals, and was wondering what to do with all my free time.... Not.
    Will get the ball rolling.
    Small fiber neuropathy ruled out. Now waiting for porphyria tests (which is a very long shot) and back to gynaecology -which is where we started. Hey-ho.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.