Check In — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check In

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
Hi Everyone,
How is everyone doing? What have you all been upto today? I have not long got back from a fresh walk. It was very pleasant. 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @csno1

I have just done the very same and been for a brisk walk around my neighbourhood.  By 'eck though, it's turned cold  :o  I think it's time to get my big coat out!

Other than working, I plan on relaxing later tonight and catching up with I'm a celeb!  I also have some Christmas presents to order online so I'll try and snap up some of those.

What do you have planned for the rest of the day?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • csno01
    Thats great Cher. 

I an currently using my waterproof coat as I just had my winter coat dry cleaned and I dont want to get it muddy just yet. Lol. 
    This afternoon / evening I might make a start on writing my Christmas Cards. I have the majority of my presents already, just a couple left to get now. As for this evening, I will tune into His Dark Materials, followed by I’m a Celebrity. 

Happy Shopping! 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve just shopped online, bought a hairdryer to give to someone else to give to me for Christmas, ha ha. My old one has two cables showing and though I’ve repaired it before I’m afraid this time it must go, don’t want any shorting out thank you! Mind you the old one lasted over twenty years!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice to see everyone has had a productive day. 

I have also been for a walk with a family member and the dog :)

Now I’m playing World of Warcraft classic while browsing this forum :smiley:
  • Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal eeeeh! 20 years?! You got your money's worth there  :D

@csno01 What is 'His Dark Materials' about?  I've heard others mention it.  

@66Mustang Sounds like a lovely day you've had there :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • csno01
    66Mustang said:
    Nice to see everyone has had a productive day. 

I have also been for a walk with a family member and the dog :)

Now I’m playing World of Warcraft classic while browsing this forum :smiley:
    I dont have a dog myself, although I saw a lot of dog walkers on my walk.
    i havent played World of Warcraft myself, although I have heard a lot about it. I have also seen the film.  
  • 66Mustang
    edited November 2020
    @csno01 I haven’t seen the film. Is it any good? I know it has the actor who played the main character in the Vikings series in it!
  • csno01
    Hi @Cher_Scope,

Hi Cher, 
    His Dark Materials is a Fantasy drama based on the book by Philip Pullman with the same name. 
    It is currently in its 2nd series.
    Here is the bbc website for more information: 

Tonight will be episode 3. 

CSno01

• csno01
    66Mustang said:
    @csno01 I haven’t seen the film. Is it any good? I know it has the actor who played the main character in the Vikings series in it!
    @66Mustang,
    I will say it is watchable. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Had a rather productive day today.

I finally mastered the Taekwondo pattern (I think) and recorded footage of doing it right for the Club competition and hopefully the next grading.

Also I managed to score even more achievements on Tetris and also Star Renegade on Xbox, still top of the leader board on 765 points so far this month.

And the video camera actually works, even though it's a cheap 4K video camera I bought from Wish.com about 8 months ago and I actually ordered a better one on eBay last week that's coming between tomorrow and Thursday.

Also don't tell Mum and Dad bought I ordered an Echo Show on Amazon last night, paying £12 a month over the next 5 months instead of £60 in one go, it's their Christmas present, basically an Alexa that plays videos as well as audio music, it's coming tomorrow so I'll have to hide it.

• csno01
    Had a rather productive day today.

I finally mastered the Taekwondo pattern (I think) and recorded footage of doing it right for the Club competition and hopefully the next grading.

Also I managed to score even more achievements on Tetris and also Star Renegade on Xbox, still top of the leader board on 765 points so far this month.

And the video camera actually works, even though it's a cheap 4K video camera I bought from Wish.com about 8 months ago and I actually ordered a better one on eBay last week that's coming between tomorrow and Thursday.

Also don't tell Mum and Dad bought I ordered an Echo Show on Amazon last night, paying £12 a month over the next 5 months instead of £60 in one go, it's their Christmas present, basically an Alexa that plays videos as well as audio music, it's coming tomorrow so I'll have to hide it.

Hi @MrAllen1976,
    sounds like you have definately  had a productive day. How long have youbreen doing Tykwando For? I dont do marital arts myself but I am aware of the different kinds. 

Will you be getting a new Xbox? I am aware the PS5 got released this week. I have a PS3. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like a very productive weekend for you @MrAllen1976! Do you play Tetris on the Switch or is that on Xbox?

I'm sure your family will love the Echo Show, we have the Google equivalent in our kitchen and it's super handy for playing things like YouTube or live TV whilst we are cooking or doing general kitcheny related tasks.

Also, to answer the original question, I'm good thanks @csno01, how are you this Monday morning?
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    @MrAllen1976

That’s a generous present, I’m sure they will like it  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Sounds like a very productive weekend for you @MrAllen1976! Do you play Tetris on the Switch or is that on Xbox?

I'm sure your family will love the Echo Show, we have the Google equivalent in our kitchen and it's super handy for playing things like YouTube or live TV whilst we are cooking or doing general kitcheny related tasks.

Also, to answer the original question, I'm good thanks @csno01, how are you this Monday morning?
    Xbox Series S mate.

The new video Alexa device is coming today, just had the email from Amazon.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ah right, I have the PS5 pre-ordered @MrAllen1976, at the moment considering what games I should get for it.

And that's good, hopefully you manage to successfully hide it from them :) 

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020
    Ah right, I have the PS5 pre-ordered @MrAllen1976, at the moment considering what games I should get for it.

And that's good, hopefully you manage to successfully hide it from them :) 
    Not much chance of hiding it mate, they'll see it when the Postie comes with the socially distanced delivery from Amazon.

As for PS5, are you a Spiderman fan? That's the only game I know of, Spiderman: Miles Morales.

• Ross_Alumni
    It will be hard but I'm sure you will be able to blag your way through the situation, just make sure you're the one answering the door @MrAllen1976 :) 

I actually only saw the film a few weeks ago but I enjoyed it. As far as the game is concerned, it's definitely on my radar, as is the new Assassins Creed. My brother has Spiderman and he is enjoying it

• [Deleted User]
    @Ross_Scope I told them I'd bought their Christmas gift but not what it is.

I'll wrap it up when I get back to the Flat, I have some wrapping paper I bought last year in the Airing cupboard.

• csno01
    @Ross_Scope

I am fine thank you. I have had a productive day. I hope you are well too? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    csno01 said:
    Hi @Cher_Scope,

Hi Cher, 
    His Dark Materials is a Fantasy drama based on the book by Philip Pullman with the same name. 
    It is currently in its 2nd series.
    Here is the bbc website for more information: 

Tonight will be episode 3. 

CSno01

@csno01 Ah thank you for that.  It sounds interesting so I'll give it a watch :)

Hope you are all well today.  Let me know how you are and if you have anything good planned!

Brightness