Do we have any young bloggers in our community? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do we have any young bloggers in our community?

13»

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Ami2301
                            Thank you so much for all of the advice, I really do appreciate it and will look into WordPress. I also really like your advice as to how you write your blogs and how different blogs will come from different perspectives that you have, that is really valuable to consider when writing. I think your blogs are amazing and I want to thank you for sharing them :) If it is please ok with you, I may ask you a few more questions in the near future in relation to this? Thank you
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Tori_Scope
                                Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, it is really kind of you and I really appreciate it. I have never really thought of myself as being very good at writing and I find taking on board compliments of any form very difficult. There are many good writers here on the community so there are lots of learning opportunities. Thank you for taking the time to show your encouragement :) Thank you
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you very much @WestHam06 and of course, I will help any way I can :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem, and I really do mean it @WestHam06. I find compliments uncomfortable too, but try to take it on board :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • hdeakin
    hdeakin Scope Member Posts: 126 Pioneering
    edited November 2020
    Hi @WestHam06 I think you should go for it! If you feel more comfortable writing some bits on here first then be all means go that way if it is okay with Scope. Sorry I didn't get to post my blog last night, hopefully soon. My blog is on blogger which I think is simpler than WordPress but now I wish I had used WordPress. You can always start with a simple design and just write whatever you want or write from the heart!Frustrations, knowledge, advice, experiences! If I can help in any other way I would be very happy to answer any questions. ?
  • hdeakin
    Lucy411 said:
    I have a blog, https://inclusivelivingconcepts.com. I'm 34 so I'm guessing I'm too old to be involved? I have some followers but looking for ways to grow my online presence and chat with others. Should I create a new thread?
    @Lucy411 this sounds really interesting and I would love to find out more. I would like to gain more followers too. I currently have 2! I know lots of people read and enjoy my blog though. ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I've just done tonight's entry on mine.

• Lucy411
    Lucy411 Scope Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    edited November 2020
    @Lucy411 That looks mightily interesting, we'd love to hear more about it on a new thread!  

Also, sometimes we have guest blog posts written by our members.  If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, drop us an email to community@scope.org.uk with any ideas :) We could include a link to your blog and hopefully get you some more followers.

Thanks @Tori_Scope, @Cher_Scope. I'll start a new thread and have a think about blog ideas. Everyone's welcome to join.

@hdeakin I've read about your blog in Able and PossAbility magazine so I've been meaning to have a read. I just don't know whether people are interested in what I write but I guess most people think that.
  • hdeakin
    @Lucy411 yes definitely! I always think who is going to be interested and read what I write, so you are not alone. Are you on twitter? I would definitely follow you and be happy to do some sharing if that helps...but I am by no means an expert! 
    I will look out for the new thread x
  • Lucy411
    edited November 2020
    hdeakin said:
    @Lucy411 yes definitely! I always think who is going to be interested and read what I write, so you are not alone. Are you on twitter? I would definitely follow you and be happy to do some sharing if that helps...but I am by no means an expert! 
    I will look out for the new thread x

I was just thinking we could follow each other. I don't understand all the SEO stuff at all though I warn you. I always just thought you sat down and wrote! Silly me lol. My Twitter is @LCinclusivity. I'm quite good with technology but have always used Facebook so just getting to grips with it.
  • hdeakin
    edited November 2020
    I followed you @Lucy411 ? It took me ages to gain followers on twitter, so don't be disheartened- I see you joined it recently. You are not alone I had no clue about SEO until recently and thought the same. I am a bit better now, but still not 100%!
  • Lucy411
    edited November 2020
    hdeakin said:
    I followed you @Lucy411 ? It took me ages to gain followers on twitter, so don't be disheartened- I see you joined it recently. You are not alone I had no clue about SEO until recently and thought the same. I am a bit better now, but still not 100%!

Thanks, apparently I'm already following you. Told you I was still getting to grips...Any pointers about where I can learn SEO?

New discussion, 'this blogging life' is up. :) All welcome. I think I've gatecrashed this thread enough B)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I subscribed to your blog yesterday @Lucy411 :) I think I followed you on Twitter aswell :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    I don't know whether I have told you before, but I have my blog about Dyspraxia.
    I think this link should work.
    https://medium.com/@lorenzo.harper70
  • Lucy411
    I don't know whether I have told you before, but I have my blog about Dyspraxia.
    I think this link should work.
    https://medium.com/@lorenzo.harper70
    Hi

• Lucy411
    Does anyone know how I delete my free WordPress website and substitute it for the paid one above? WordPress wants to charge me money to redirect. I've followed everyone in this thread but the ones who have follow through WordPress will see the free website that is not updated.  :s
  • WestHam06
    Thank you @Tori_Scope, I will try my best to take it on board :) 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @hdeakin
                          Thank you so much for all of your advice and support, I really do appreciate you taking the time to share it with me. I will go away now and do a little research and have a think about trying to write something. I look forward to your next blog :) If it is please ok with you, I may ask you a few things in the future. Thank you so much :) 
  • hdeakin
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @hdeakin
                          Thank you so much for all of your advice and support, I really do appreciate you taking the time to share it with me. I will go away now and do a little research and have a think about trying to write something. I look forward to your next blog :) If it is please ok with you, I may ask you a few things in the future. Thank you so much :) 
    @WestHam06 you are very welcome. I am always happy to help, anytime just give me a shout. My latest blog is out now on pacing: https://hannahdeakin.blogspot.com/2020/11/the-art-of-pacing.html :smile:
  • WestHam06
    Hi @hdeakin
                           Thank you so much for sharing your latest blog, I really enjoyed reading it and could relate to aspects of what you were saying. I also enjoyed reading about the spoon theory, I have heard of it but didn't know what it involved so thank you for sharing this. Your blog is amazing and I look forward to reading more :) Thank you. 

Brightness