PIP CLAIM FORM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP CLAIM FORM

kazbinpain
kazbinpain Community member Posts: 8 Listener
PIP CLAIM ~ TIME SENSITIVE.    PLEASE HELP

Hi, I’ve got an online PIP claim form which needs to be returned by 1st December 2020.  Due to circumstances so far this year, I’ve seen my doctor less.  MUCH less.  However, in the background I’ve had X-rays, MRI’s & 2 CT scans.  The outcome of these? Spinal surgery which was performed on 27th October.  Just under 4 weeks ago.  
Two years ago I lost an appeal & a tribunal.    My circumstances, medication & any help I received has all altered during that time.
Main question is, where do I get medical evidence to support my claim?
They’ve mentioned things like any scan/X-ray results, evidence from any form of healthcare provider I’ve been with.  Written accounts from friends and family or docs etc about how my condition affects my day to day life.  Other than medical appointments , I’ve barely seen another soul since February.  NOT all due to lockdown(s), but because of my anxiety, depression, stress, pain levels.  These have worn me down to such a point of isolation that I’ve become a recluse.  Again, no medical worker/Doc would be able to write to PIP to confirm this, as they’ve not seen me.   
Sorry fir the long blare, but if anyone does read to this point, can you please HELP,,,,,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Medical evidence is not needed to support a PIP claim. It's also not helpful if it doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

I note that you've also previously lost a PIP Tribunal, even though this was 2 years ago. Using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal.

What you need to do when filling out the form is give a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding who was with you, where you were and a detailed explanation of exactly what happened. You are the only person that knows exactly how your conditions affect you and it's your ancedotal evidence that will help the most. Whether you qualify will of course depend on how your conditions affect you.

Do be aware that you must also expect the condition to last at least a further 9 months, having just had surgery, is your condition expected to improve in the near future? Usually surgery is only done to improve your condition.

I'm sure others will advise too once they see this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi medical evidence is only any good if it explains how your condition affects you on daily basis which you wont find many know this 

I only sent my prescription list and letter to confirm my sight impairment 

You are better getting a letter from someone who sees how you cope on daily basis eg partner carer etc 

Also your own account of what happens when you try do the tasks against the descriptors how you do it what help or aids you use can you do the task safely and repeated 

More detail on the form describing this with real examples is the best evidence you can send 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.