Me again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Me again

Awesomelorenzo
Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
I've been having trouble at work. I told my manager at my interview that I was dyspraxic. He was fine with that. Then on my first day 
I had a panic attack and cried in front of him. He was okay with that. I wasn't. I kept apologising so much and felt so stupid. I couldn't even tell my parents.
Today, I went in and my b12 injection is due tomorrow, so I felt like hell. Tired, light headed, slightly *****. My tummy hurt like the cramps when it's updet so I told him and he sent me home. I haven't told him about the B12 deficently. I feel like he'll think I'm some sort of wimpish hypochondriac.
I didn't tell my parents about why I got sent home, because I don't want them to think I'm a wuss.
Honestly, so many things have gone wrong at the same time since Thursday and I'm surprised my manager hasn't sacked me yet.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Awesomelorenzo

I'm sorry to hear you aren't having a great week.  On the plus side, it sounds like your manager is very supportive and understanding.  What do you think caused your panic attack?  Is this something you've mentioned to your GP before?  If not, now might be a good time to have a chat and explain the feelings you are having.

Try not to be too hard on yourself.  It's fine to cry in-front of people and have off days - it doesn't make you a wuss. I hope the B12 injection makes you feel better.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Awesomelorenzo
    @Cher_Scope
    I have told my GP. It's not like you can even talk to GP's now anyway.
    And I'm so paranoid. My supervisor at work is nice, but what if it's only to my face. She keeps having quiet talks with other people. What if she's bad mouthing me behind my back?
    Honestly, I'm going mad.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    @Awesomelorenzo That's good, GP's can still do telephone appointments so bear that in mind if you feel your anxiety is heightening.  

It might seem that your boss is talking about you but its likely that she's having work-related discussions.  Remember the evidence that you've seen is her/them being supportive and understanding.  If you hear that negative voice creeping in, think back to that :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Awesomelorenzo
    @Cher_Scope
    They won't see me. They tell me to shout my symptoms down the phone. Can't be done with people who won't help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Awesomelorenzo my OH has B12 deficiency with b12 injections every three months (they won't do them more often) she does feel better after she has had one but not as bad as you seem to be before them.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Awesomelorenzo
    @woodbine
    I was really low. It just affects me really bad.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    If you want to talk to someone else about your anxiety other than your GP (and on here of course!), here are a few other resources for you @Awesomelorenzo:
    I hope that the B12 injection goes well. Perhaps you could mention to the person administering it that you often feel very unwell when you're due for another one? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi you need yo stop beating yourself up about your work you are lucky to have a supportive boss and you should talk to her to help her understand more about you as this will only help her to support you more .

I am also sure your parents wont see you as a wuss and can help support you if you talk to them  about the issues you are having

I understand it is hard to talk about these things but keeping them to yourself will not help you in ther long term 

Brightness