Pip extension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip extension

steve69i
steve69i Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All.
Just a quick bit of advice.I have received a letter today saying my award has been extended to August 2022.Does this mean they are going to leave me alone until 6 months before the award ends.I like to be prepared.Is it still my understanding that it is now 6 months not  a year before the award ends I'm reviewed.many thanks

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @steve69i Hello and welcome to our online community.

I hope knowing your award has been extended has come as a relief and good news to you.  Some of our more PIP knowledgeable folk will no doubt be able to inform you about when to expect your review.

In the meantime, I've popped your post over to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board and it'd be great to see more of you around the community :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, just because you have had an extension doesnt mean they wont contact you for a review before the extension ends.

They are just extending so they can catch up with the backlog of reviews that are outstanding and so your payments continue till a time they can review

Some people have had the extension letter then a few weeks later had the review forms

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you could be reviewed at any time. Normally review forms come out 6 months before end date of award but as this js an extension it could be anytime
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @steve69i

A very warm welcome.

That’s great news, that you been awarded an extension till August 2022.

Does it not say in the letter something like, “we will review your claim on April 2020”.

Or just phone the PIP helpline, see what they advice.

My best guess it would be six months before August 2022.

Keep us informed.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @steve69i :) I hope that the above advice has been helpful? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome @steve69i, hope you're well :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

@janer1967 is correct here, they can still review you at anytime, regardless of the extened award. I received an extended award too and the letter doesn't tell me when they will contact me from like usual award letters say. Other members have also received extension but they've received their review form quite soon after. Although i haven't received any form yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve69i
    Well the original award was due to end November 2021.So I did expect it around March 2021.Thought I might be able to add another 9 months withem extending it to August 2022.ty
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    My award was supposed to end October 2020. I first had it extended to April 2021. Then it was extended to January 2022. My daughters was due to end in Feb 2021 but hers was extended to November 2021. I fully expect to receive both forms at anytime and i'm not being fooled into thinking that i won't be contacted until 6 months before those awards are due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve69i
    How's long a peice of string...I gave up worrying many moons a go with Pip and ESA.thanks for all replies...I shall keep you informed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.