Hi, my name is PaulT101! How long will my PIP decision take? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is PaulT101! How long will my PIP decision take?

Options
PaulT101
PaulT101 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi people, thought I'd register to say hi and that I've just had my pip telephone assessment, went ok for the main.  I'm applying for
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • PTSD
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Drug Dependency
I've been like this and on esa(and it's equivalent) for over 15 years now and never applied for pip until now. I will keep you all updated.  Can I ask how long I'm looking at till I get the "decision" from the "decision maker"?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @PaulT101 :) It's great to have you with us. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category and renamed your discussion so that our members can find it more easily. 

I believe that it takes about 12 weeks from when you started your claim to get a decision on average, but some can take a lot less time, or a lot longer. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

It is advised that a decision can take up to 8 weeks after assessment but this is just a guide . It depends on backlog and workload of the decision maker 

You can request a copy of your report approx 1 week after the assessment and this will show recommendations from assessor and you can add up the dots to see recommended points 

This isnt a decision though as the DM may make changes tho majority go with the report 

Fingers crossed for you and keep us updated 
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @PaulT101

Give the PIP helpline a ring in a weeks time and request a copy of the assessment report.

You will be able to see the scores awarded and calculate what you should get.

Not sure of waiting times, but keep an eye on your bank account, as often payments for PIP, before award letter arrives.

Keep us informed.
  • PaulT101
    Options
    Thanks very much to all who responded. Been some great advice here, which I will definitely heed, I will also let you know how things go.  

Thanks again,
    Paul
  • PaulT101
    Options
    Hello again.  I'm still awaiting the decision and have not the courage to ask for my report, my belly goes into fight or flight just thinking about it.  I have a query to ask of the well versed.  I currently take 2 medications in methadone and sertraline, something the assessor was aware of, but since my phone assessment I have also now been put on mirtazapine and I'm wondering if I should tell them? It can only help my case but what I don't want is for it to take much longer, it'll be 5 days tomorrow that I received a text from dwp stating they had received report back.  I could employ it in an MR or tribunal should I need, what say the experts round here?

Many thanks

Paul T.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unless your conditions have changed in the past 3 months and you think you could score more points then you do not need to tell them your new medications because this isn't a change of circumstances. If you ring to tell them this, you risk more forms being sent because it's possible they may take it as a change of circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.