Which tier are you in? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which tier are you in?

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
The government announced the new coronavirus tier restrictions today, to come into effect from the 2nd December.

Find out which tier you'll be in here.

Read about what the tiers mean here.

Let us know what tier you're in, and whether you understand what this means for you. If you have any questions, we can do our best to help you find out :) 
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Which tier are you in? 12 votes

Tier 1 - Medium alert
0%
Tier 2 - High alert
50%
Ami2301Adrian_ScopechiariedsWestHam0666MustangRAwarrior 6 votes
Tier 3 - Very high alert
50%
poppy123456woodbinejaner1967Tori_ScopeRoss_Alumni[Deleted User] 6 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tier 3 - Very high alert
    Tier 3 :( 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Tier 3 - Very high alert
    Sheffield is in Tier 3 as of next Wednesday, therefore it's unlikely I'll be returning to the Flat for care till after Christmas! The local social services won't like it due to the funding but they can swivel, my health is more important than their budgets.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tier 3 - Very high alert
    55 million people are in their three, but all teirs will be reviewed on 16th December, i wouldn't mind but we were in teir two before lockdown2, but I'm not bothered we have done very little except to shop once a week since the end of March and that's how it will stay until we get a vaccine.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tier 3 - Very high alert
    Tier 3 for me too :/ we were also tier 2 before lockdown and numbers have drastically dropped in the last week so surprised at this. Although it doesn't really bother me because my only concern is seeing my daughter and grandson, which i've continued to do as part of my support bubble.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Tier 3 - Very high alert
    I think that around 55 million are in tier 2 and 3 combined @woodbine. Sky News have reported that:
    Around 32 million people - just over 57% of the population - will be in Tier 2, while 23.3 million - 41.5% of the population - will be in Tier 3.
    It's still a lot though! 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tier 2 - High alert
    Tier 2 - High alert
    My area has also gone up a tier. I've only been out 3 times since February; once in July, once in August, & once in September. Unfortunately feel after some restrictions are lifted over the Christmas period we'll enter another lockdown, as cases of Covid-19 will likely rise.
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Options
    Tier 2 - High alert
    Tier 2
    I am shielding again and I will continue to protect myself. I no longer go to any local shops because people just ignore the rules so I am sticking to my online shopping. I hardly went to the local shops but the majority of customers and the staff don't wear face coverings and don't social distance so it makes me too anxious to go to the local shops. 

I agree with @chiarieds as I believe the infection rates will increase because of the restrictions being lifted over the Christmas period.

We already have so many ignoring the rules that I have already mentioned. I have seen large groups of people who are clearly from multiple households when I have visited the squirrels. There seems to be a myth that people can't get Covid 19 when they are outside because although we are not required to wear a face covering outside (although I do), I have seen so many people talking to each other without face coverings and with no social distancing.

Once everything opens again the cases will increase because too many people don't social distance.

I can only do what I can to protect myself because I don't feel safe even at the hospital. I have seen staff wearing masks under their noses or chins and having conversations in the middle of busy corridors which decreases the amount of space you have to pass whilst trying to avoid people coming towards you. I nearly had a fall at the hospital this week because I had to walk around staff who were standing in the middle of a very busy corridor talking and there wasn't enough space for me so someone else tried to pass me and I almost lost my balance.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Tier 2 - High alert
    My area has moved up to Tier 2. I understand what this means but completely agree with what has already been said, there are many people out there who have very little regard for the rules. I think there is an element that some people don't believe it will happen to them or if it does it will be mild. A member of my family, who doesn't live with me, has just tested positive and is quite unwell due to this, though currently not requiring medical support. It is a difficult time for everyone for different reasons but if we all did our bit and followed the rules perhaps we would be in a slightly different position. Thank you
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Tier 3 - Very high alert
    Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts! It's really interesting to hear about your experiences of people's attitudes towards mask-wearing and social distancing and so on. 

Brightness