I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Can anyone else relate to my experience? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Can anyone else relate to my experience?

colcslew
colcslew Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hello everyone.
i have suffered with chronic pain since about 10 years of age,doctor kept saying it was growing pains in my legs.
I have osteoarthritis and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2017.
i am in constant pain everywhere ,constant spasms in my back as well .
This condition has slowly taken over my life where i have now had to stop working because of everything that comes with this awful condition.
The pain medication helps but you have no choice but to try and get on with things as best you can.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community @colcslew :) This is the post I made for you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're in a lot of pain. We have other members who live with osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, so hopefully they'll find your post and be able to to offer you some advice and support.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @colcslew.

Sorry to hear about your struggles, I'm sure there will be others on the community who know how you feel.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, we do have sections that cover pain and also other conditions if you look through the site you may find others to connect with.

But beside that you can join in on any posts or start one yourself, I look forward to seeing you around
  • Sasha21
    Sasha21 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi I do as well got diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1994. Been ill since 6 months old. I have arthritis as well think it is osteoarthritis. Plus other illnesses as well. Dont work either and seem to have been left with it and cant take opioid pain meds either, so if you ever want to chat.?
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have got ME fibromyalgia cervical spondylosis and osteoarthritis. My pain is mainly managed through rest. I try not to push myself too hard.

Brightness