Pip telephone assessment report back to Capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone assessment report back to Capita

Options
daisy123
daisy123 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi, this  is my first post, hoping someone can help. I received standard mobility and middle care for 2 years. Due to the virus my Pips was extended (was due to end Sept) So I finally had my telephone assessment 2 weeks ago and I called Pips a few days later and got my report sent out. Going from that it looked like same award. I have anxiety , depression and also take strong medication for bulging discs in lower back and sciatica. I missed 2 calls on my phone today and when I googled it , it was from capita. I rang them and all they could tell me was whoever had been calling me had not noted on system any attempted calls or why they were ringing but he knew my report had been returned. Anybody ever had theirs returned and had negative
outcome? I’ve felt sick with nerves all afternoon as was just relieved to make it through the call
and when I seen the report I was content. TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Yes, there's been members on here that have had their reports returned to the health assessment providers, although i can't remember what the outcome of that was.  There could be a contradiction in the report or something that the decision maker picked up on. Although we could only guess what the problem is.

Hopefully the person from Capita will ring you again. Other than that all you can do is wait. I know this doesn't help answer your questions though. It could delay the decision making process though so do be aware of that. Hopefully what ever the problem is it will be sorted quickly and your report will be sent back to DWP.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @daisy123 :) I hope the information above has put your mind at ease a little bit. Please do keep us updated with how you get on, and try not to worry too much during the wait.

In the meantime, please feel free to get involved in any other discussions that interest you. Our virtual coffee lounge is a great place to meet new people and have a chat.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • daisy123
    Options
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @daisy123

A very warm welcome.

It is often that the DWP send back the assessor report back to the AP for clarification. It may well be that the CM has been unable to understand what has been written in the report and nothing more than that.

The good thing, is that you have a copy of the original report and you will be able to track what changes, are made (if any) to said report.

In essence you have nothing to worry about.

Stay kind and be safe.
  • daisy123
    Options
    Thank you so much. I’ve been stressing and trying not to. But it’s hard. On top of my own issues I have thankfully 4 children. (Long story for another day but we have 4 angel babies due to genetic condition. We had one miracle in the middle of the four who is now 18 and ivf egg donation abroad means we now have a daughter 12 year old and twin boys aged 9 also. My mother died suddenly when my eldest was 4 weeks old and it just tore me apart. My twins both have
    moderate learning difficulties, speech problem says , one is autistic and other ASD also. I Work but have cut my hours as low as I can to still be able to survive, pay the bills, go to any appts needed etc. My husband has taken a lower paid job closer to home to support me so this extra income means so much. I’m just stressed and a little scared. I worry I have to prove the effect this
    had had on me. 
  • stevenotts01
    stevenotts01 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Had letter telling me my pip had been extended to September next year a week letter I got a assessment letter so I phoned to see if this was right as it had to be in for the 5th December and lockdown didn't finish till the 2nd. I was told in no uncertain terms that it was right. she eventually gave in and extended it to the 12th. It is now with my advice centre. This has so stressed me out.
    I have fibromyalgia, ME arthritis,collapsed disc's back and neck the latter causing so many other problems. I also have planter facitus , Norton Nuromer and am 63 in jan. What more do I have to have. What employer is going to take me on for 5 years. I can't even make a day now without complete exhaustion. At the moment I'm on 100mg morphine morning and night I won't go through the list of other meds.
    I am in deep depression, I can't remember the last time I laughed and I also have anger problems because of it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Had letter telling me my pip had been extended to September next year a week letter I got a assessment letter so I phoned to see if this was right as it had to be in for the 5th December and lockdown didn't finish till the 2nd. I was told in no uncertain terms that it was right. she eventually gave in and extended it to the 12th. It is now with my advice centre. This has so stressed me out.
    I have fibromyalgia, ME arthritis,collapsed disc's back and neck the latter causing so many other problems. I also have planter facitus , Norton Nuromer and am 63 in jan. What more do I have to have. What employer is going to take me on for 5 years. I can't even make a day now without complete exhaustion. At the moment I'm on 100mg morphine morning and night I won't go through the list of other meds.
    I am in deep depression, I can't remember the last time I laughed and I also have anger problems because of it.

HI,

It's worth remembering that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. It's also not about not being able to work, people claim PIP and work.

The PIP awards being extended because of Covid have made people think they won't be reviewed until later but that's not correct, you're review is still due at anytime. They've just extended awards because of the backlogs.

I don't know if you're aware but face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. Most people have them, paper based assessments are still rare. I'd advise you to expect the telephone assessment, if a paper based can be done then it's a bonus.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @stevenotts01

I hope the above information has helped, good luck with the assessment.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.