Would you want the Jeremy Kyle Show back on TV? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would you want the Jeremy Kyle Show back on TV?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
Would you want the Jeremy Kyle Show back on TV? His Show was cancelled last year after a guest committed suicide after appearing! I personally wouldn't, his Show was full of Chavs, frequented by rough looking women with 6 kids by 3 different blokes, and she doesn't know which kids belong to which bloke! Also estranged Families sorting out their Familial problems live on air, FGS if you have Family problems sort them out behind closed doors NOT on National TV.

Would you want the Jeremy Kyle Show back on TV? 14 votes

Yes
14%
vikingqueenRoss_Alumni 2 votes
No
50%
Ami2301woodbinejaner1967Adrian_ScopeOxonladyCher_Alumni[Deleted User] 7 votes
I don't care either way
35%
Jean EveleighnewbornOverlyAnxiousCressida66Mustang 5 votes

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    No
    I never liked Jeremy Kyle's attitude towards many of the people that appeared on his show. He accentuated their bad points and goaded them into getting angry, upset, tearful and even vengeful. I feel that he misused his position. He could have tackled people's problems with a much more compassionate and positive approach. So, unless the programme adopts a completely different remit, I would not welcome it back on our screens. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    No
    Hi @MrAllen1976 - good topic.  I do miss Jeremy Kyle but at times found it uncomfortable to watch and exploitative.  

Just a friendly reminder that although we understand people will have a diverse range of opinions on the community, to be careful with the language you use as it could be construed as offensive.  Take a look at our online community guidelines for a refresher.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I don't care either way
    I voted that I don’t care either way. I may not watch it but I don’t see the point in depriving people of something just because I don’t like it. In a way I’d be happier knowing his fans are indoors watching TV and not roaming around outside.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No
    Even though I watched it I wouldnt want it back, too staged, too much shouting and putting people down, agree only certain types of people get on. Who would want to air their dirty washing in public 

I think a rep from DWP would have been watching as well to catch out all the benefit fraudsters on there  
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't care either way
    If anyone misses the Jeremy Kyle show, I recently came across a show I would recommend called Judge Render (or may be Rinder) which is very similar to Jeremy Kyle in that is attracts a certain type of person as “contestant” and the audience laughs while the host (the judge) spends his time mocking said contestants and it’s basically scripted to make the host look clever. It’s more financially based though with one party usually looking for compensation for something trivial that has happened to them.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    No
    I never watched it as we never watch TV before 6pm but from what I read it sounded horrific so I voted no.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    No
    66Mustang said:
    If anyone misses the Jeremy Kyle show, I recently came across a show I would recommend called Judge Render (or may be Rinder) which is very similar to Jeremy Kyle in that is attracts a certain type of person as “contestant” and the audience laughs while the host (the judge) spends his time mocking said contestants and it’s basically scripted to make the host look clever. It’s more financially based though with one party usually looking for compensation for something trivial that has happened to them.
    Judge Robert Rinder, he's an actual Judge in real life apparently.

He appeared on Strictly Come Dancing last year as I recall as well.

• Iamstrong
    Iamstrong Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    I would not want jezza Kyle back on tv I find him annoying and very intimidating towards his guests hes the 1 that makes people argue on tv who would want too air there private life on tv? Tbh Jeremy Kyle was making money out of people's stories by going on his show he really makes my blood boil lol 
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    I don't care either way
    66Mustang that's a great comment you made, about preferring the audience to be indoors than roaming the streets!
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I don't care either way
    Don't care...never watched it.  Not my bag at all!

Rob Rinder recently did a documentary on the Holocaust due to his own family links to it.  Personally I preferred him doing that sort of thing compared to 'Judge Rinder'  Hated that programme.  My Nan liked it though, it always seemed to be on there whenever I visited!  :D

If you like programmes about shaming people...try the Filthy House SOS program on Channel 5.  The voiceover lady makes me laugh every time...  'Oh no, we see Barry here hasn't hoovered underneath his bedside cupboard for over 2 years, this amount of dust is enough to choke a person to death!  And there's a 2 inch square of mould on the wall, how he's survived this long, we'll never know!'  They take it all so seriously as well!  It's a bit of tidying and cleaning for goodness sake!!  :D

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020
    No
    Also watch programs on C5 about people on benefits, legal trolling to wind up the right who already have a BIG axe to grind against people on benefits in general IMO.

Brightness