Check In - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check In

Options
2»

Comments

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    csno01 said:
    Hi @Cher_Scope,

Hi Cher, 
    His Dark Materials is a Fantasy drama based on the book by Philip Pullman with the same name. 
    It is currently in its 2nd series.
    Here is the bbc website for more information: 

Tonight will be episode 3. 

CSno01

@csno01 Ah thank you for that.  It sounds interesting so I'll give it a watch :)

Hope you are all well today.  Let me know how you are and if you have anything good planned!
    Hi Cher,

I am ok thank you. How are you? Have you caught up on His Dark Materials yet? What do you think? I'm stuck in I'm a Celeb at the moment. Hope everyone else is keeping well. On another note, are there any Mac users here? 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @csno01 I’m a devoted Mac user, have been been using Macs since 2010 including for gaming (sacrilege!). Is there something you want to know?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    I downloaded all 3 books of "His Dark Materials" from my Audible account last week, using the past 3 months credits.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well at least all the presents I have ordered for the OH have been delivered now, just need to wrap them,
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @csno01 I've not started His Dark Materials yet but will let you know when I do.  I have a Mac too so let me know if you need any help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • csno01
    Options

I have a late 2015 model and the OS I am currently using , i find I cannot update it anymore. 
    I am aware Big Surf is now available, although i am unsure weather or not it will work on my Machine. I have a late 2015 model. On the otherhand, I an considering buying a new Mac as I would like to use it for both general purpose and music making. I am thinking buting a new machine rather then mess around with my current one, would be a better option.  Any suggestions would be welcomed. 
    Thank you. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    I pretty much gave up on PC gaming around 2002 when the original Xbox came out after various problems running almost anything under Windows XP.

However if I could afford it I'd buy an IMac for the myriad of creative software available such as Adobe products like Photoshop and stuff.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01 - have you considered trying Linux, which is free to download? There are many versions, but when I couldn't afford to update my Windows based PC, I tried 6 versions before settling with Peppermint Linux (based on Ubuntu & with support with the current version until 2023; regularly updated & with each freely downloadable new distro also having long term support), & have been using that as an OS for about 4 years. Can only say it's lightweight & great! See: https://peppermintos.com/     & https://peppermintos.com/about/  Also: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/how-install-linux-on-mac-3637265/   for example.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @csno01 late 2015 should be able to run the new OS, it’s compatible on 2014 or later iMacs. What exactly is happening when you try to update?

I’d say wait a bit if you can before upgrading because a 2015 iMac is still pretty powerful by today’s standards. Maybe upgrade in a year or two.
  • csno01
    Options

I am yet to try it.  I will update with issues - if any when I have done so. Just to clarify, I have a Macbook Pro not an IMac. 
    Thanks again. 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @csno01 sorry I don’t know why I assumed it was an iMac, I guess I read an “i” in front of Mac or something by accident. The MBP should also be able to run it though, you need a late 2013 or newer MBP so yours is more than new enough!
  • csno01
    Options
    Thank you for the advice everyone, it is very helpful.
    I have since done some research and have learnt that I can upgrade to BigSur/Sir. I have updated my machine and so far, so  good :-)
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @csno01 that’s great to hear :smiley:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pleased you've managed to get it updated. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sounds good @csno01

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness