Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

helenm99
helenm99 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited December 2020 in Transport and travel
Morning all,

I applied for a blue badge last week for my mother & it was approved & I paid for it on Friday.
They said it will come within 10 days but does anybody know how accurate the 10 days is ? 

I’m hoping it comes before Saturday so I can take my mum out I usually park in a normal space out of the way but need a blue badge really to make things easier when it’s busy.

Thank you,
Helen
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Within 10 days is the guide but no one can tell you exactly how long it will take. It depends on how long it takes to print, send and for Royal mail to deliver it.

When i applied for my renewal mine took a 4-5 working days after it was approved.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • helenm99
    No problem I didn’t know if it was a guide like passports and it might get here tomorrow for example (if it’s quiet) or if it did take the full 10 days. Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. The timescale is always just a guide. I always say to myself, it arrives when it arrives. It most likely won't take long though.

If this was a renewal of an existing badge which has expired then she maybe able to use that until her new one arrives. You will need to check her local councils website but for mine, they changed the rules because of Covid and are allowing badges that expired after January 2020 to continue to be used while waiting for your new one. I used mine, even though it had expired. Under normal times once it expires you can't use it, just in case others query this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    England sucks.. I live in Wales and I never paid for mine or the replacement after I lost it. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @helenm99
                             How are you? I applied for my renewal and it arrived a week later exactly. I hope the badge arrives soon. Thank you
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope that it arrives soon @helenm99 :) Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the Motability, Blue Badges, and disabled motoring category
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    England sucks.. I live in Wales and I never paid for mine or the replacement after I lost it. 

Well to be honest, it's just £10 and i'm very happy to pay that if it means i can park closer to where i'm going. It doesn't break my bank.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    I understand I just think it's wrong to be charged for it and so does my Government so we don't pay - it's one of many things free in Wales. I've also been given a 20 years bus pass - there are 10 and 20 years options. Again only in Wales lol 
  • poppy123456
    Yes i agree, i'm actually from Wales but no longer live there. They are a lot more generous over there lol
  • helenm99
    Morning all it arrived yesterday so just 3 working days from payment :smile:
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great, thanks for letting us know @helenm99 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased to read the blue badge arrived just before Saturday @helenm99 :)
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @helenm99
                             Really pleased to read that the blue badge has arrived :) Thank you

Brightness