Pip phone assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip phone assessment

2»

Comments

• Vic1990
    Vic1990 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    The hcp outlines that my husband has various medical diagnosis but then add her opinion why it doesn't apply  anymore when awarding him in his care component. Frustration is an understatement, I live with a man that needs constant care and hates change or not knowing what is going to happen, he recently started self harming again and I truly thought we had moved a million miles away from that kind of behaviour. I feel like I failed him somewhere along the way. I know the process of the M. R Then tribunal but its never a quick result and it's them months and possibly years that concerns me. 
  • Vic1990
    mikehughescq, my husband previous assessent have been used as supporting evidence for his current assessment even though they are 4 years apart so previous assessment ments are used in future reports. We recieved his award today and its word for word what assessor decided so I'm now in process of mandatory reconsideration and likely appeal. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Vic1990 I am sorry to hear the award wasnt what you had hoped for and wish you luck with the MR

Make sure you put in the MR real life examples of how he is affected against the descriptors you think he should have scored more points saying what happened, where he was, who was with him, did he needs aids or support, why he cant do the task and so on

Let us know if there id anything else you need help with
  • Vic1990
    Am very pleased to say my husband was awarded enhanced rate for both care (16 points) and mobility (24 point) after requesting a M.R. Only took around 6-7 weeks so a really good outcome. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, thanks for letting us know @Vic1990
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • lindle
    lindle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Vic 1990 - That is great news ?? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.