What do you want for Christmas? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you want for Christmas?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Me? OK I know at 44 I'm too old to ask for Christmas gifts really, but if possible I want an Xbox Series X console.

My 12 year old Nephew wants one as well.

So anyway, if you still get Christmas gifts, what's on your "wish list" this year?

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Both my daughters always tell me you're never too old for presents, especially Christmas. Having had the best present anyone could have ever given me this year....first grandchild, i can honestly say there's really nothing more i could possibly ask for. Although i'm sure my girls will think differently because they always spoil me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would like to spend it with all my family like normal but that cant happen 

As long as my son gets all he wants that's more important bit if Paul Hollywood wanted to cook my Christmas dinner I wouldn't say no 
  • [Deleted User]
    LOL, if it was at all possible I'd want April Rose Pengilly, aka Chloe Brennan in Neighbours, wearing stockings and not much else, to provide the *ahem* entertainment this year, either her or the almost equally gorgeous Holly Willoughby.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I really do believe that it's better to give than to receive, I have got the OH 9 pressies mostly jewellery but expect nothing in return. If I had to chose a present for my lot to get me it would be donations to charity, one year I did that insisted that instead or buying me anything they all made donations to the salvation army, who do some fantastic work.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    woodbine said:
    I really do believe that it's better to give than to receive, I have got the OH 9 pressies mostly jewellery but expect nothing in return. If I had to chose a present for my lot to get me it would be donations to charity, one year I did that insisted that instead or buying me anything they all made donations to the salvation army, who do some fantastic work.
    Oh yeah the Sally Army do excellent very worthwhile work, I used to volunteer as an IT tutor for the local branch up Woodhouse, bit of a Pig to get to and not much demand for the service in the area though.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    I actually would like a pair of slippers or some socks and some ginger wine, my favourite tipple.?

totally agree about the Salvation Army, great organisation.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:

Love this! i have the most wonderful memories of the Sally Army when i was growing up! I never walk past them without donating something!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I want gadgets, give me all the gadgets! And sweets too

Of course, socks are a must as well
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I am not sure if there is anything I really want to for christmas. I haven't really thought about it
  • switchdas
    switchdas Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    The only thing I want for Xmas is for it to be Over! I Hate it! Almost as much as life!

Brightness