PIP renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal

Options
debbielkl
debbielkl Community member Posts: 36 Listener
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is anyone waiting on a pip decision, I’ve had my telephone consultation and received a copy of the report. I’m just waiting for the decision, they received my report on Nov 12th... do you think I will hear this year? 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @debbielkl - It's difficult to say when you might get your decision letter. However, if you have a copy of your assessment report, this will give an indication of any likely award. Altho you'd still have to wait for your actual decision letter, the decision maker usually goes with the assessor's report.
    Look towards the end of your assessment report, & you'll see a black dot against each of the activities/descriptors, then check how many points this may mean against this: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
    You need 8 or more points for the standard rate, & 12 or more for enhanced. Check these for each component, i.e. daily living & mobility.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello if you have a copy of your assessment report then by reading it you can and should be able to work out what your award may could be but you still have to wait for the official award notification letter.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its true that the DM usually goes with the assessors report when making an award but its not over 'til the fat lady sings as the saying goes, I would give them another 2 weeks and then phone them.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Loverofwords
    Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @debbielkl I had my telephone assessment on 13th November. Received my report on the 21st and recieved a letter stating they have everything they need to make a decision. I decided to give them a call and they told me I should hopefully have a decision in the next two weeks so hopefully you're on the same timescales as me.

Good luck :smile:
  • debbielkl
    debbielkl Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Options
    @Loverofwords I rang them today (i
    need the paperwork for work) and it was done a couple of days ago so hopefully you hear soon ?
  • Loverofwords
    Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    @debbielkl that's great to hear. I'm hoping it was a good outcome for you?
    Hopefully I'll hear soon. X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.