Process for reapplying after Tribunal award ends? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Process for reapplying after Tribunal award ends?

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello again Scope community!

Some of you may remember me. My partner gets PIP for Crohn’s, fibro, and other issues.

She applied in June 2018 and was awarded standard daily for 2 years in Oct 2018, and after a tribunal in Sep 2019 was awarded enhanced mobility on top with it extended to 3 years due to end June 2021.

I’ve read varying accounts that PIP will contact her months out from her award ending next year, but I’ve also read after a tribunal award the person has to reapply themselves and can do from 6 months from when the award ends (so next month in her case).

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

DWP will contact her 14 weeks before the award is due to end. She will then need to reapply and she should treat the claim as a new claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi this happened to me I was awarded in 2017 through appeal, I was sent a new form late November 2019 my award ran out beginning of February this year, I didn’t have an assessment till March got word back in April, so was a few months with no award, I would contact them earlier and ask, hope this helps. 
  • PIPnewbie
    Thanks once again @poppy123456

And @Lou67 did you win your new award? Was it all the same points all over again? 

Even though absolutely nothing has changed in my partner’s conditions and how they affect her, I’m worried they will still try and not award her or something, even though logically being exactly the same should = having the exact same award renewed!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. To make sure that doesn't happen your partner will need to make sure she fills out the form with as much relevant information about how her conditions affect her, as possible. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

I believe a lot of this was advised to you the first time she applied. You would be able to find those threads by clicking on your name, it maybe worth your while doing that to refresh your memory of what exactly was advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Hi I had been receiving DL standard rate up until February 7th, when my award ran out, on April 17th I received word I only got 6 points for DL so no award, I got 10 points for mobility  so standard mobility, I put MR in got word back in July my mobility was changed to enhanced no change with daily living, put in for appeal I had this 2 weeks ago was awarded standard daily living, got my backdated money today, so I’m really happy to be getting daily living and mobility but I will make sure I put my form in earlier when this award runs out, I hope this makes sense lol  I wish you well with yours. 
  • PIPnewbie
    edited December 2020
    @Lou67 that's amazing, congrats!

So from what I understand, you were getting just Standard Daily Living, then the award ran out, then you reapplied and received Standard Mobility, then after Mandatory Reconsideration you received Enhanced Mobility, then after a final appeal you received Standard Daily Living again in addition to Enhanced Mobility? Did you have to attend tribunal for that last appeal?

And sorry if this is personal, but did your conditions change and go on record for changing between the first and second awards?
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456 I am sorry, I only just noticed your follow up reply. Great advice, thank you!
  • Lou67
    Good morning @PIPnewbie, hi yes that’s all correct, I had the appeal in 2018 in person but the one a cpl weeks ago was by telephone due to current situation, my conditions had got a lot worse since last time, Iv got severe osteoarthritis in my feet hands and both knees, I’m currently waiting on knee replacements on both knees, I had sent in medical records stating this along with other evidence. 
  • PIPnewbie
    @Lou67 thank you. I appreciate you getting back to me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.