Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

marj07
marj07 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Looking for advice, I applied for pip in September, suffer with Raynaud's, depression, panic attacks, anxiety, incontinence, kidney disease amongst other issues, recieved 0points. My daughter helps me before and after she goes to work with everything, when I had report back from pip the assessor stated I was calm on the phone after speaking for just over a hour and didn't need help has can cope with everything. Is it worth putting a MR in has I feel my health conditions was over looked and asser was biased. Thanks inadvance X

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome inky you can decide if it is worth MR but if you do go through the report and detail which descriptors you feel you should score points in and say why you should score points 

Give real examples of what happens when you try do task what help who helps what they do if you use any aids 

If you cant do the task why not can you do it safely and repeatedly 

Real examples are always best evidence eg last time I cut veg I cut myself as I cant grip knife properly due to my peripheral neuropathy  causing a cut to my finger which needed cleaning and dressing 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether you qualify because no one knows how your conditions affect you against the descriptors.

If you think you qualify then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you, add who was with you, where you were and exactly what happened.

As difficult as it is, you should avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.

I'd advise getting some support and advice from an adivce agency near you and once you tell them about your conditions and how your affected they will be able to advise you further. Start here with that. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • marj07
    marj07 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi and thankyou for reply, will go through it with my daughter and go from there. Will let everyone know X

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @marj07 :) It's great to have you with us! Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category

I'm sorry that you didn't get the outcome you wanted, but I hope that the above advice has been helpful? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.