Music — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music

sally37
sally37 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Who loves mcfly the vamps backstreet boys and who still likes going to concerts like me

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I love going to concerts @sally37, do you go to them often (during normal times)?

I must have about 15 scheduled for next year now, with all the delays taken into account.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited December 2020
    Sorry Sally but I hate most modern groups. Rap is rubbish, and I hate all those new Acts from stuff like X Factor who think they can sing but sound like next door's cat being discombobulated lol.

My music tastes centre around the late 70s/early 80s to some early to mid 90s stuff.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    My favourite music is from the mid 50's to early 60's what was called rock n roll but is now called doo wop, I do however think that Mcfly are perhaps the best band of this century.
    I haven't been to a concert for many years now but back in the early-mid 70's saw many of the then top groups live.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sally37
    I love elvis country music and rock mixtape of music 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @sally37 What's your favourite Elvis song?  I love me a bit of The wonder of you or Jailhouse rock!

I like a bit of everything from 80s synthpop, to 90s indie and dance and some Britney.  Will Young has my heart though  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    @sally37 What's your favourite Elvis song?  I love me a bit of The wonder of you or Jailhouse rock!

I like a bit of everything from 80s synthpop, to 90s indie and dance and some Britney.  Will Young has my heart though  :)
    You do know he's gay right?

• sally37
    Jail house rock what other music do you both like
  • [Deleted User]
    Big Meat Loaf fan here, seen him live about 5 times, well 7 if you count the 2 tribute acts I've been to lol.

Plus for Karaoke purposes I know most of his old hits off by heart, such as Bat out of hell etc.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger

You do know he's gay right?

And why does that matter? I'm sorry but I find that offensive.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I think @MrAllen1976 was intending that to come across as a way of warning Cher that her fancying of Will Young may never be reciprocated. 

I don't think any offence was intended to be caused, although it's always best to consider how the language you use may be interpreted my others, and possibly expand on your meaning when writing about such topics. 

With that said, back to the music, I'm sorry but I always preferred Garath Gates @Cher_Scope

Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope Your Gareth preference may hinder our working relationship  :o

@MrAllen1976 Yep I do know Will's gay but that won't stop me fancying him  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• sally37
    Ok guys anyone love going to concerts 

Brightness