Next tuesday have my tribunal telephone hearing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Next tuesday have my tribunal telephone hearing

naz786
naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
Hi i have my telephone tribunal hearing 8th dec can someone or has been through it can help me what kind of question they will ask

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

No one will be able to tell you that because no one knows how your conditions affect you or anything about your case.

You may not have a decision on the day, if this happens it doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made and they will send a you a decision letter within 3 weeks.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Hi @naz786.... I hope I can give you some hope! They are really nice. My son spoke to a panel of three, they were all very nice , put him at ease . They will ask you how you cope with your condition, how it affects you. Just be honest and explain the best you can . Good luck x
  • naz786
    Thanks lulu I've been waiting for a long time for my hearing hope it all goes well 
  • naz786
    Just quick question does it usually be video call mine is oral hearing 
  • naz786
    How long did your hearing last was it tribunal hearing 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @naz786. Hi just want to wish you well, I had my appeal 2 weeks ago, I got upset a few times and the panel were really nice telling me to take my time putting me at ease, have a drink of water beside you and all your appeal papers and make a few notes that you might want to say at the end. I got a letter 2 days after my appeal, and my backdated money was in the bank after just a week and a half, although some people’s have taken longer. Good luck and would be nice to hear how you get on. 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Hi @naz786. My sons was a telephone call and lasted about 45 minutes , it was a tribunal and he got an answer two days later in the post. Got his money back dated to when he first applied. Will be thinking of you on 8th and sending loads of best wishes.x
  • naz786
    Happy for you lou just pray for me 
  • naz786
    How long did it last the hearing 
  • poppy123456
    naz786 said:
    Just quick question does it usually be video call mine is oral hearing 

It's not a video call, it's a telephone call.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • naz786
    Lulu did you support your son in the hearing did you answer any questions or just your son
  • Lou67
    Thanks @naz786. My hearing lasted about 45 mins,  you’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • naz786
    Hi everyone had my telephone tribunal today went ok just pray for me I get some good news 
  • naz786
    45mins it took the phone tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Glad it went ok. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for the decision letter. Would appreciate it if you could let us know the outcome.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased to hear your tribunal went OK @naz786 -  as Poppy says, please do let us know how you get on. :smile:
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Good to hear it went okay - yes would be interested in the outcome. Do let us know. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it went okay @naz786, fingers crossed for that positive outcome :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • naz786
    Hi an update on my tribunal telephone hearing which was on 8th December today i recieved my letter tell you the truth i was shaking to open the letter when I did it was a massive relief that ive been granted standard and standard for mobility after hard fought and long wait year and half finally what a massive relief and I like to thanks to everyone 
  • Lou67
    Aww great news I’m so pleased for you, at last you will be able to relax and I’m sure you’ll get a decent nights sleep tonight, after my appeal a few weeks ago I got my backdated money after a week and a half, I know waiting times can very but I hope you don’t wait to long, again well done ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.