anyone with Chronic illness, start drinking celery juice! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

anyone with Chronic illness, start drinking celery juice!

Options
nikki1
nikki1 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
hi there,
         i have got fibromyalgia, starting in 2017. tried every tablet painkiller out there! nothing worked for me!
please search up Antoney williams, medical medium! i started drinking celery juice every morning for 3 months.
i know celery juice to some people is like doing a bush tucker trail! but please try this!
medical medium is a true wounderful man, that really dose understand chronic pain! he says that fibromyalgia is caused by Epstien Barr Virus.
it dose not show up in any tests a doctor dose. the celery juice brakes down all the pathogens in your body.
for the first time since all this started, i feel like i am managing my fibromyalgia. 
all the different doctors that i have seen, have done nothing to help control this awfull illness.
depends what you are on, but some medications can react against the celery juice, so please check.
i still get flair ups, pain days, cant walk, etc etc, as it wont ever go away. but with CBD oil, celery juice, i am fighting this all the way.
please, please if you are reading this, try it. 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nikki1

I'm glad celery juice has worked for you; it's not a remedy I've heard of before if I'm honest but it could help our other members who have fibromyalgia.

I hope your health remains relatively stable and well managed :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Options
    I don't have FM but I do have bone spurs growing into the nerve cluster in my neck - nothing but a massive dose of Amitriptyline sorts it for me - but that's not really compatible with day to day living as it knocks me sideways so I might try this - cheers Nikki :) 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

'Amanda Mull, of The Atlantic interviewed two registered dietitians on the benefits of celery juice. They agreed that celery is a healthy snack, and that there is some evidence that celery may have benefits for managing blood pressure, but these benefits were observed when patients ate full stalks. One dietitian remarked, "there is no one food that will cure your cancer, inflammatory disease, or other ailment, so don't believe the hype you see and hear on Instagram."

Dietitian and Nutritionist, Marika Day, says of William's celery juice claims:

There's no scientific or research-based evidence to support this. There's no scientific research behind [the movement], and no evidence to support that it does the things it claims to do. In my opinion, it's making people believe that they need to or should be doing something, that their diseases are their fault and if they don't do something about it (i.e. drink celery juice), then they're failing.

Nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert of Harley Street also weighed in to point out that fiber is an important part of diet, and this is lost in the juicing process. She states that there is no current evidence for these more "magical claims" of celery juice, only anecdotal evidence. Australian dietitian Stefanie Valakas, interviewed by a reporter with news.com.au, also states that there is no evidence for these health claims and that any fiber benefits of celery are lost in the juicing process. Both remark that one is likely to get the same nutritional benefit from drinking a glass of water and eating a balanced diet.'
  • nikki1
    Options
    I don't have FM but I do have bone spurs growing into the nerve cluster in my neck - nothing but a massive dose of Amitriptyline sorts it for me - but that's not really compatible with day to day living as it knocks me sideways so I might try this - cheers Nikki :) 
    hi there, 
                  i take Amitripyline as well. i do understand how you feel! please give it two weeks, and see how you feel. 
  • nikki1
    Options
    chiarieds said:

'Amanda Mull, of The Atlantic interviewed two registered dietitians on the benefits of celery juice. They agreed that celery is a healthy snack, and that there is some evidence that celery may have benefits for managing blood pressure, but these benefits were observed when patients ate full stalks. One dietitian remarked, "there is no one food that will cure your cancer, inflammatory disease, or other ailment, so don't believe the hype you see and hear on Instagram."

Dietitian and Nutritionist, Marika Day, says of William's celery juice claims:

There's no scientific or research-based evidence to support this. There's no scientific research behind [the movement], and no evidence to support that it does the things it claims to do. In my opinion, it's making people believe that they need to or should be doing something, that their diseases are their fault and if they don't do something about it (i.e. drink celery juice), then they're failing.

Nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert of Harley Street also weighed in to point out that fiber is an important part of diet, and this is lost in the juicing process. She states that there is no current evidence for these more "magical claims" of celery juice, only anecdotal evidence. Australian dietitian Stefanie Valakas, interviewed by a reporter with news.com.au, also states that there is no evidence for these health claims and that any fiber benefits of celery are lost in the juicing process. Both remark that one is likely to get the same nutritional benefit from drinking a glass of water and eating a balanced diet.'
    hi there, thank you for your reply.
                                                         i so disagree with you. please read Antony williams book! medical medium! he has made more sense that any doctor i have seen. the reason why some doctors dont believe, as the drug firms will go out of business! 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Options
    William/Spirit also puts out questionable information. For example, it would be a good idea to investigate further before accepting such claims as fruit being best for healing type 2 diabetes and Candida, fermented foods being unhealthy, Lyme disease not being caused by tick bites, type 2 diabetes not being caused by sugar abuse, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) being caused by glucose deficiency. Accepting these statements as gospel then could have serious consequences "if" these statements are not completely true.
    Anthony William may well have a wonderful psychic gift for medical diagnosis, but as I have said, that does not exclude him from ALSO being greedy, egotistical and ignorant of the complexity and nuances of natural health approaches to healing chronic disease. It can all be in the same package and probably is. This is likely to be why William does not have great confidence in himself, refusing recordings of his $500 consultations and refusing follow-up sessions, both of which could expose his flaws. And this is also most probably why he undertakes such ridiculously exaggerated self-marketing.
    The Medical Medium currently has 2000 reviews on Amazon.com with 85% of these reviews giving 5-stars. This is phenomenally good for any book on Amazon and has no doubt turned it into the bestseller that it is. But there is unfortunately evidence that Anthony William has used questionable marketing tactics to "encourage" positive reviews by offering $3,000-worth of free treatments to whoever can give "the most inspirational review" for his book.

Brightness