PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Pip do I have to inform universal credit

angelmaggotangelmaggot Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
I have been award standard on both do I have to inform universal credit

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,267 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can put a note on your journal but a PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to more UC. If you're claiming with a partner then providing they are not claiming the carers element  or carers allowance for looking after someone else and they are not claiming the LCWRA element then they can claim the carers element for looking after you.

If you're under 35, living alone, with no dependant children and you're claiming the housing element then you'll be entitled to the 1 bedroom rate of local housing allowance, rather than the shared rate,  if you're privately renting.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • angelmaggotangelmaggot Member Posts: 5 Listener
    My partner is carer for his mum
    I knew I wouldn't get more uc but didn't no if I had to inform them by law
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,267 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no law to inform them because they're 2 completely different benefits and it's not a change of circumstances.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.