Hi, my name is urddadfoundation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is urddadfoundation

urddadfoundation
urddadfoundation Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hi my name is Terry (Removed by moderator, full name) I am CEO/Founder of The Ultra Rare Disease Disorders And Disabilities Foundation our Charity is from Belfast Northern Ireland we  are a registered charity in Northern Ireland we are concerned about children with rare diseases who have round the clock and most of the care falls on the parents what will happen these children when they become adults and who will care for them?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @urddadfoundation

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

It sounds like you do some marvellous work, that certainly is a very important issue to campaign about.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @urddadfoundation - & welcome to the community. Parents who care so much for their children will be rightly concerned about their children's' future. This sounds like something much needed, so it's great you founded this charity.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @urddadfoundation could I ask what your charity registration details are?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hello @urddadfoundation and welcome to Scope's online community.

It's great to hear you started your charity but sad to hear about your concerns :(  Our informal carers are too often taken for granted with little state support, be it practical or financial.

In-fact, you might find this recent post about one dad's care for his daughter relatable.

How is the charity getting on?  Have you managed to garner much support/attention?  

All the best for the future and it will be nice to speak to you again.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • urddadfoundation
    urddadfoundation Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I would like to thank everyone who took the time to leave a comment for us The Ultra Rare Disease Disorders And Disabilities Foundation (urddadfoundation) is a charity based in Northern Ireland next year we will be starting to raise funds for a Northern Ireland Hub to help patients and there siblings and their families deal with a diagnosis of a rare or an ultra rare disease our Hub will be a place that families will be able to access help and support it will be there to give much needed help to families who have a child with a rare or an ultra rare disease 

Brightness