Have you been denied a Blue Badge for your hidden impairment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you been denied a Blue Badge for your hidden impairment?

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger

A journalist is looking to speak to a person with a hidden impairment who has applied for a Blue Badge, but was denied it. 

He would like to know how this has impacted your life, and hear about your Blue Badge story.

If this is something you've experienced, and you're interested in sharing your story, please send an email to pressoffice@scope.org.uk to find out more.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    We applied to Sheffield City Council a while back, sent in scanned copies of my PIP letters, ID documents, everything, they wouldn't accept copies, sorry but I don't trust the local postal service not to lose stuff so I ain't sending the originals.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I spoke to a [removed by moderator] Journalist this morning about this after emailing your Press Office last night, he's going to show his Bosses my comments but I asked him to post them anonymous, due to the fact over half the Interweb hates me because I can't work due to my conditions.

You don't want to see some of the comments on my Facebook page.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Here is the report, which Scope has commented on. 

BBC: Blue badge permit 'shocking disparity' revealed.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    when I renewed my blue badge and housing application I was asked to send copies not originals as once I was approved the documents are destroyed, I have even emailed additional documents when required no problem from Wiltshire County Council.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When i renewed my BB last year everything was done digitally, which meant all i had to do was send a picture of everything and it was all done. Application took less than 2 weeks in total.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness