Pip score and needs help to reconsider decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip score and needs help to reconsider decision

Options
Raja99
Raja99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi 
just received my pip report today and been awarded 6 points for daily allowance and 4 points for mobility needs help to challenge the decision is it worth to do it? as my assessor mentioned in the report, I hold driving licence and mobile phone on basis of those some of the daily stuff I can do reliably which is totally untrue.

Thnaks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Whether you can score more points for an award will totally depend on how your conditions affect you, against the PIP descriptors. It's not about a diagnosis.

No one here can tell you whether you're entitled to PIP because we don't know how your conditions affect you. There are people that have a disability but don't qualify for PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors, you don't score the points for an award.

I'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you to see if you can score at least another 2 points for at least a daily living award. There would be very little point in requesting the MR follwed by Tribunal if it's not possible to score anymore points.

Sometimes having a driving licence and being able to drive can go against you, the same as the mobile phone, it just depends on how your conditions affect you and the reasons why you're claiming PIP.

Start here with that advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

If you're unable to contact anyone and you think you should have scored more points then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding who was with you, where you were and a detailed explanation of exactly what happened.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Raja99
    Raja99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your advice well I will write a letter for MR and will highlight some points where I can get at least 2  extra points.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Raja99 -  I hope you may also take onboard Poppy's advice to get some local advice if at all possible. If not, then putting your MR in writing is the best way forward, if you have an understanding of the PIP activities/descriptors.
    As mentioned, it's difficult to say if you should have an award with PIP, as it all depends on how your disability affects you, which only you can know. Do give those all important couple of detailed examples as to the difficulty you faced at the time of your assessment for any descriptor that applies if you decide to proceed with a MR.
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    Options
    Can anyone on Scope forum who claims PIP and has full driving licence and mobile phone get around this ? my friend who has Dementia owns mobile phone and has car licence but due to his condition cannot use any of them, Yet those two Items go against his claim foe PIP.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’ve had a full driving license for decades but a disability for ten only. Having a driving license should mean very little on its own, it’s a disgrace if it counts against a claimant!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cindy7007
    Cindy7007 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    Hello

I have found having a subscription to the site below has proved to be very helpful, informative and supportive.  There is a mass of guidance that just might help you initially especially if you cannot get an agency on board at the moment.

logo
    signupFormsNewsTrainingMenubarbknd
       Claimants and carers get an annual subscription for £15.96, down from £19.95

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.