PIP- Not recieved a review report. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP- Not recieved a review report.

Mzenth
Mzenth Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, My husband had his phone assessment for his PIP renewal on the 18th October.
We still haven't heard anything or received a report back.
Does no report mean bad news for his renewal? 

many thanks
Ella

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome you have to request a copy of the report by ringing DWP they dont just send them 

If you dont request one then you will just get the decision letter which can take a while estimated about 8 weeks but could be later or less just depends on backlog 

• Mzenth
    Oh thank you! After reading all these posts, I thought they automatically sent them out. Its his 1st review in 4 years so its all new to us. Thanks again 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome let us know the outcome 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    They have never automatically sent the report out to you, even when the decision is made. They open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and the number to ring to request the report is 0800 121 4433.

This also only applies if you live in the UK. N. Ireland are different and they don't send the report until the decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Its always a good idea to phone as soon as they open before they get busy.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Mzenth :) I hope the above advice has cleared that up for you. Let us know how you get on with the call! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger

Just to reinforce this point, I can’t think of a single WRA/WRO of my acquaintance who advises, or recommends, to their clients that they can or should obtain the report. We all know the option is there. Almost none of us mention it. 

This is just it. Other than yourself, i'm not aware of any other members that are a WRA/WRO. Most of the members that advise here do so based on their own experience, so in your words "lay people." Although, i've always appreciated your advice and have learnt a lot from you.

My personal preference will always be to request the report, it makes me feel less anxious. One of the most asked questions on an internet forum is "how long does X take" even when they most likely know it's an impossible question to answr,  they still ask it. I think it's entirely up to the individual person whether they choose to request the report, some do and some don't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    @Username_removed I'm new on this site, but have been on other sites that offer advice to those claiming, or considering claiming, PIP.  I followed the advice from other sites, and requested a copy of the Assessor's report.  I was told they'd send it.  It never arrived.  I only ever received the DMs letter.

Aside from the paranoia that, perhaps, a neighbour now has possesion of said Assessor's report :# , I think the fact I did not receive the Assessor's report worked to my advantage for precisely the reasons you outlined. 

Without doubt, I'd have wanted to "challenge" every minor inconsistency, every "nuance" (real or imagined) I would read into (perhaps) innocent or generally accurate/fair comments. 

I definitely found using only the DM's letter allowed me to better focus on the areas where I genuinely felt "aggrieved" and underscored.   Hopefully, this will assist the reviewing DM to focus too?

I fully appreciate I'm in the fortunate position of not relying solely on any PIP payments to survive, but I'd suggest if people are prone to stress/anxiety/depression, then maybe waiting for, and responding to, the DMs letter may be less stress-inducing?   And, as you say, allow better focus if they feel a Mandatory Reconsideration is necessary once they know the outcome.   

I also know the timescale is very tight for MR and some people may want "a head start" in preparing for a Mandatory Reconsider.  However,  I also know a lot of people are like me and need a deadline on which to focus otherwise something may just never get done.   :/

Just the thoughts of a newbie - both to the site and the world of DWP.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for your thoughts @Girl_No1, that world of DWP can be a confusing one for sure :D 

I hope you're managing to find your way around the community okay.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    @Ross_Scope yes thanks, I'm finding my way around and grateful for the friendly welcome extended by everyone.  :) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely to hear @Girl_No1 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Mzenth
    Called them today just to see if they had any update. Was only on hold for 30 mins at 1pm today, that surprised me the most! Got told everything was in the post but nothing had changed, still on the same ‘band’ and it will be reviewed again in 4 years ☺️ So much weight off our shoulders. We will be doing a MR for mobility but that’s one less thing to worry about. 
    Thanks again everyone! ☺️
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great, thank you for the update @Mzenth :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.