Help!!!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help!!!!!!

msmith
msmith Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello. I contacted pip today to make a claim.
The lady put the phone down on me!
I have been out of the country for the last three years due to medical reasons..
The lady stated I have to have been in the country for at least the last two years.
I explained that I am aware of this but the computer said that you "usually"  need to have been in UK for the two years and that if u have recently returned from abroad from a EU country then u "may"  be able to claim pip sooner. 
I clearly asked the lady from pip what circumstances were covered by "usually" and "may".?
The lady agreed that these words are wrote on there website but that they are incorrect and that the two years apply.
She stated she was reading this herself on the computer as we spoke and that she doesn't know why it says what it does and neither does her manager understand what it means.
I asked if they could give me advice on who I could speak too in relation to finding out what the website was referring to.
She stated, I don't know what it is, I can't help you and then told me she would hang up our phone call. I stated it would be rude of her to hang up in such a. Manner as I merely wish to speak to somebody t seal an  understanding.
He lady then hung up he phone.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.