What is your new years resolution for 2021? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your new years resolution for 2021?

Mine is to get my first job and raise awareness about living with an undiagnosed condition

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    That's a great resolution @RacheleLeahSilvera, any idea what sort of job you would like?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Get a job (impossible, equal opportunities my foot) and pass at least 1 grading at Taekwondo. Not much chance of either when the whole flaming outside world thinks I'm a workshy waste of skin who should've been discombulated at birth!

Sorry, as you can probably tell I'm in the mood from hell at the moment.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    My NYR will be the same as every year...not to make one. B)
    @MrAllen1976 are you ok?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Paddyrooney62
    Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I hope to start 2021 with a better understanding of my condition and instead of accepting what I’m being told by my doctors that I need to find a balance with my pain control. Get off the Opiods which to be honest I believe I have become immune to. My nerve pain isn’t going away. I know I’m getting worse but after all the **** we have all faced this past year I’m not gonna focus on the can’t do to realise what I can do . Abilities instead of disabilities. With the grace of god we will definitely see a brighter light in the tunnel for all of us. It’s just wonderful thing that we have a place we’re we can go to talk with like minded people. I myself have been very silent on here . But I do check in every day. I haven’t written anything because of my being in a dark place for a long time. God bless and watch over every single one of you. And thanks for being here. For me..????
  • Paddyrooney62
    Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Sorry for writing the S word..????
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It's fine @Paddyrooney62, no need to apologise, we all have the occasional slip of the tongue :) 

Definitely sounds like you will be taking more control over things in 2021 and trying to have a more positive outlook on things, I like it :) 

You should post here more often, that was a great contribution.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Like woodbine I don’t make New Years resolutions.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I tend to start the year with resolutions that quickly get abandoned or forgotten.  It would be great if 2021 could the be the year I learnt to swim mind so I'm going to make an extra special effort to organise lessons.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm another added to the "i don't make resolutions list"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    My new years resolution is not to make any new years resolutions...oh no!  ;)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My resolution is to start to get walking again with my prosthetic leg even if it is just around the house , I havent had much luck so far as my balance is affected with my eyesight issues and I need to build up the strength in my knee to be able to support using the leg
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 That's a good goal to set yourself.  Take it steady and literally small steps at a time will get you there :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    I don't make resolutions. My "goal" is to get my motorhome next week - to get myself settled in and to wait out winter at a friends farm (for a modest fee) and then I am hoping to get a well paid job in Milton Keynes which if I do- means I will re locate down there. There are places to park nearby and i will be OK.  

Brightness