Introduction — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction

Options
salk64
salk64 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi my name is sallyanne I am 56 yrs old. I’m married to my soul mate. I have four grown up children and eighteen grandchildren. I do a lot of crafting making cards and other crafty things. I do a lot of volunteering with RBL and MS Society. I have MS it doesn’t have me. I love helping others just to put a smile on their face. X

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @salk64 and welcome to our community.  How are you today?

I love your positive outlook :)  The MS Society is an organisation dear to my heart, well done you for volunteering with them and the RBL.

You sound very crafty.  Have you made your own Christmas cards this year?  You might enjoy browsing our KaleidoScope thread where our members share what craft projects they are working on.  

I hope you have had a lovely Thursday.  Speak soon!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome wow 18 grandkids that's amazing at such a young age 

Feel free to have a look around and join in or ask any questions 
  • salk64
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. I have made all my own Christmas cards. I have been in doors for nearly 10 months as I’m on the clinically vulnerable list, but kept myself busy doing crafts. I have felt very lonely in my craft room. I wanted to come on here and find friends but also help others that need it. Thank you janer 1967. And also cher_scope. Look forward to getting to know people 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @salk64, great to have you on the community :) 

I bet your Christmas cards look awesome :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @salk64 - it's so lovely to meet you, & to read your very positive comments despite all this year has thrown at many of us. You'll certainly fit right in to this friendly & supportive community with your willingness to help others. I'm really looking forward to seeing you around the forum; just join in with the discussions, or relax with the chats & word games in our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' :)
  • salk64
    Options
    Hi Ross thank you for a welcome yes I’m told they are nice cards. Thank you also charriads I’m looking forward to getting to know people. I’m going to have a look around. X
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @salk64 :) It looks like you've been finding your way around the community okay, but let us know if you need anything! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • salk64
    Options
    Thank you I will ?

Brightness