Community Advent Calendar Day 1 - What was Christmas no.1 the year you were born? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Community Advent Calendar Day 1 - What was Christmas no.1 the year you were born?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge

Everyday from now until the 23 December, we will be having a community festive countdown and bringing you lots of Christmas joy!  

To kick us off, we are looking back to when we were wee babies to uncover the hit songs that topped the Yuletide charts the year we were born.

To get involved, take a look at this Heart 'every Christmas no.1 ever' webpage, find your year, song and then sing us a few sentences.  Think of this as our very own Christmas Top of the Pops  :D

Now, the charts only go back as far as 1952 so apologies for you youngsters who won't be able to find your special hits.   You can still have a bash though by singing us a line from your favourite festive topper!

Guitarist on stage singing with a Christmas tree lit up in the foreground and the word HOLY behind them in big letters

I'll get us going.  The number one the year I was born was the epic Human League with Don't you want me baby which in my opinion is an absolute banger.  

"I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
That much is trueee
But even then I knew I'd find a much better place
Either with or without you"

Give your vocal chords a warm up and join in by commenting below!  :D
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness