confused with pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

confused with pip

Glen_100
Glen_100 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
my pip is due to finish feb 2021 received a  letter in sept 2020  saying  extended till nov 2021 but just recieved a renewel form to fill out which must be returned by the 1 jan 2021 this is only giving me around 20 days to complete and return looking for advise on what to so looking for advise on what to do due to time of year and how busy royal mail is dont think i can get it back in time says will stop my payments iff they dont receive it  thank you

Comments

• jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Glen_100,
    phone pip and ask for a extension of time, and just explain about the timing of sending it back due to the time of year. I’m not sure, hopefully someone else will confirm, but I think you get a 2 week grace to send it back. Good luck ?. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Just because you've had your PIP extended this doesn't mean your revciew wasn't still due, which meant you could have received the review anytime, which you now already have. There's huge backlogs so those whose awards were ending soon has had them extended.

You can ring the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433 and they are open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm and ask for an extension. Although do be aware of the timescales in which is takes for them to receive the form, which is approx 10 working days and also take into consideration Christmas and New year closing days. Monday 28th December is also a bank holiday.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Glen_100
    Glen_100 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks all for replies
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    My payment is due on the Monday 28 th so at least I’ll get my payment  abit early .

keep us updated with how you get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.