PIP AND CORONA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP AND CORONA

smokeyjoey
smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ive only just had my pip2 forms as was due a review in june, I'm now worried that payments will stop I'm getting mixed information.
will my payments continue or automatically stop, my anxiety is threw the roof with worry I'm going to lose money and support
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smokeyjoey - Your PIP payments will continue. From the governments website, 'where awards are due to expire, we will be extending end-dates so that claimants continue to receive financial support at their current rate during this period.'
    Hope this helps. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smokeyjoey, I hope @chiarieds has been able to help.

Please do let us know how you get on and if you have any questions. :)
    Scope

• smokeyjoey
    YES FAB THANK YOU, XX
  • kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    My PIP stopped  and my end date was april 2020 I did have my face to face but no decision was not made untill April....I'm not receiveing any financial support and the PIP didn't extend my end date I only get income support now I'm not even managing my depression and anxiety is though the roof 

Thx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @kass What was the decision after your assessment if you were not given any award then that is why the payments have stooped. The extension is for people who award is due to expire but no reassessment has taken place but in your case you have had an assessment and a decision 
  • kass
    Thank for relying

yes no award and had my assessment on the 6th march before lockdown.....I have put in mantroy reconstruction letter last week 
  • kass
    It's still not right leaving people with mental health in financial difficulties 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Best of luck with your mandatory reconsideration @kass. I hope you hear back from it quickly.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • paulb123
    paulb123 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi I have just received a letter from pip the judge has made a provisional  decision to award me daily living giving me 8 points I currently had 6 it says thy av give the dwp 28 days to agree does this mean I have a good chance of getting it thank u
  • paulb123
    @Username_removed I already won my first assessment a year ago for mobility but I appealed for a higher rate and daily living I've been waiting for a hearing a year and a half but a letter come today of the judge sayn has made a provisional decision to give me mobility and give me 8 points for daily living until 2020 but it says the dwp av 28 days to get back to has decision he made he sed he made it just looking at my papers so was just wondering if its happened to any 1 else n if it's likely I should win now the judge made a provisional  decision
  • smokeyjoey
    kass has really thrown me, am I likely to lose my money on 6th june? no assessment or appointment has happened uptil now? I was sent pip form when restrictions were being put in place for corona
  • paulb123
    Thank @Username_removed it says its from August 2018 to 2022 so of a do win my daily living should that get back dated from then thank u
  • kass
    If a pip ends on 23rd april 2020 and you get the decision letter saying your money going to stop from that date and its payed in arrears is that the last payment i would get  or was I due another in May as i only got 3 weeks  money for my pip and 2 week SDP 

Thanks 

• kass
    Sorry my end date for pip was the 2nd may 2020 not April 23 so can anyone tell me why did DWP only pay me April and not up to the 2nd may should have got over £200 but only got £174 is this right 

Thanks 
  • kass
    Hi all
    Just a up date on my pip I won my PIP back at appeal after 8 months I went though 2 MR  I had a telephone call appeal and was told the decision over phone and by letter....dose anyone know how long it takes for the payments comes though I had the appeal on the 8th December 

Thanks 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,361 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, thanks for the update. It can take between 2-8 weeks for backdated money to be paid and about the same time to put an award into payment. Although this is just a guide, there's really no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kass
    Thanks for the advice 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,634 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @kass  Well done on your appeal win a big relief for you, I also won mine I had it on the 18th November and got my backdated money a week and a half later, this was really quick as usually can take longer, I hope you receive it soon take care ?
  • kass
    Thanks for your reply its been a week today I won my appeal I rang pip and give them the 4 questions they ask you last Wednesday so hopefully it comes though before Christmas 

Thanks 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing @kass :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.