your help againe — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

your help againe

Options
David6145
David6145 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Am on PIP and ESA and need a new washer mine has stopped working and have to get a new one does any one know if I could get any help getting a new one from DWP 
thanks merry chirstmas to you all 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi @David6145

Sorry to hear your washer has stopped working.  That can be a nightmare :(

You could see if your council has a welfare or local assistance scheme.  This is a grant or loan payment to help people on low incomes who are in need.  You can find your local council and contact details via this government website.  

Alternatively, you can use this Turn2Us Grant checker website to see if their are any grants you can apply for.  Or, there is Freecycle or this Reuse network website to see if anyone is giving one away close to where you live.  

I hope you have some luck and have a merry Christmas too!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If it's Income related ESA that you're claiming and not New style/Contributions based then a budgeting loan maybe possible.

How much you could borrow will depend on your circumstances and whether you already owe money from a previous budgeting loan. It does need to be repaid back from future ESA payments so do be aware of that. See link for more information.

Do also check your local facebook and gumtree because people are always selling 2nd hand washing machines quite cheap.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.