Supreme Court Ruling - RE: Engaging with others — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supreme Court Ruling - RE: Engaging with others

djc1991
djc1991 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
My PIP award was decided via Tribunal and I’ve been advised that the DWP won’t be reviewing cases that were awarded via this method.. but I fall in to the group that was scored incorrectly as I was awarded 2 points instead of 4 for needing prompting/support to be able to engage with other people. 

What are my options in regards to requesting a review of this as surely the tribunal would have to follow the same guidelines as the DWP and if they were incorrect as deemed so by the Supreme Court then surely the tribunals should also be reviewed? 

I think it’s unfair I lost out on the Daily Living component completely based on this; as my carer also loses out on potential CA or Carers Element too. 

Thanks 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm going to have a guess here knowing that if i'm wrong someone will correct me, but couldn't you put in a change of circumstances?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• djc1991
    woodbine said:
    I'm going to have a guess here knowing that if i'm wrong someone will correct me, but couldn't you put in a change of circumstances?
    Hi 

Thanks for your response; does a change of circs request entail new forms/assessments etc? I’m not sure how it all works. 

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

A change of circumstances involves more forms and another assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• djc1991
    HI,

A change of circumstances involves more forms and another assessment.
    woodbine said:
    Thanks both ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @djc1991 -  The DWP are only looking at cases where an award was decided between 6 April 2016 & 17 September 2020, & only those cases where a potential 2 more points means an award for the daily living component might be given, or if someone could have got an enhanced award rather than just standard.
    So, the DWP won't contact you, but you could contact them about it, & ask them to reconsider if you fall into the category above.
    If your tribunal award was in the past 13 months, you could do a late appeal to the Upper Tribunal saying that there has been an error of law. It would be an idea to get some local advice before proceeding & asking for a Statement of Reasons for such a tribunal decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.