I received a letter from DWP to review my PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I received a letter from DWP to review my PIP

Options
samahira
samahira Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
Hi
i received a letter from dwp to call to review my pip which will end march 2021. 
Anyone else went through the same?
what kind of questions they may ask?
would appreciate any suggestions. 

Regards 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Do you mean it was a letter from the health assessment providers for a telephone assessment? If so then what they ask you will depend on how your conditions affect you. If you have a copy of the review form you returned then have a read of this to remind you what you said. Part of the assessment will be for you to confirm what was written in the form, as well as any other additional information they need.

Assessment times can last anywhere from 20 to 120 minutes. You have have someone with you during the assessment and put the phone onto loud speaker if you want.

Once this has been completed there's no timescales for how long the decision can take.

Goodluck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samahira
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I did not fill out a review form. The dwp only wrote asking me to call so they can ask few questions to carry on with the claim. I never had that before so I am confused. In the past I had to fill out review form and obviously go face to face assessment. In my last review I went tribunals to get the higher for both. 
    Do you think they may just want to know if things are still the same or any changes since last claim?

regards
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, it will be impossible for anyone to tell you what they will ask you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samahira
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456 your help.
    Anyone else had the similar letter to call dwp to review their pip?
    if so please share your experience. I need some help. 

Regards
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As @poppy123456 rightly says non of us know what they will ask you, perhaps you could help others by updating us after the call?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• samahira
    Options
    I will definitely update you once I have spoken to them. 
    But in the mean time if anyone been through this already please do give some advice. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.