Hi, my name is lisathomas50! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lisathomas50!

Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
Hello everyone  I am new to this my name is lisa  and I am looking forward to my new experience 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lisathomas50 - & thank you for joining Lisa. This is a very friendly & supportive community, & you are very welcome. Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself? :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    I am lisa i live in Wales  I am a young 58 I was a carer in the community for 30 years then I got corona virus  at the begining of the year then my I needed  an ey operation so I havent worked at all this year but now I want part time work snd to do something different  I am an outgoing person abd I have got lupus I found out when I was 18 but I live my life and try not to use my disability but I do need help finding a job thst will suit me I am very much a people person  and I love goibg off in my camper van when we are allowed and I love visiting family again when we are allowed I have tried to keep myself going in this difficult time but I am looking forward to working again 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome thanks for sharing a bit about yourself 

I wish you a merry Christmas 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Merry Xmas to everyone x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @lisathomas50 :) I'm glad you've found us. 

I'm sorry to hear that you had coronavirus earlier this year. I hope that you're feeling better now? 

You mentioned needing some help finding a suitable job. Scope actually have a Support to Work service, which you might like to look into. They're a really lovely team, and they can help you to find and apply for suitable employment. 

I wish I had a camper van! Where's the best place you've been in it?  
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    Thank you for your reply Lisa. It's lovely to get to know you a little. You've certainly had a year worst than most, but it's great you are such a positive person, which has doubtless helped.
    Please do consider Scope's 'Support to Work' programme, which has helped many. There's also some info about looking for work from Scope: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/work-careers/looking-for-work/   in the meanwhile. Please do let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    I have done that I am expecting an assessment phone call I already spoke to somebody about help to get me back into work do that I don't get it erong and mess it up I have done a few jobs over the years but mainly care 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great @lisathomas50 :) You'll have to keep us updated on how you get on. 

Caring is such a noble profession I reckon, but very hard work I imagine. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I worked as a care for e0 years gull time long hours hard work but rewarding but my health has deteriorated now so I want a change in job snd only want to work part time now 
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    I am lisa i live in Wales  I am a young 58 I was a carer in the community for 30 years then I got corona virus  at the begining of the year then my I needed  an ey operation so I havent worked at all this year but now I want part time work snd to do something different  I am an outgoing person abd I have got lupus I found out when I was 18 but I live my life and try not to use my disability but I do need help finding a job thst will suit me I am very much a people person  and I love goibg off in my camper van when we are allowed and I love visiting family again when we are allowed I have tried to keep myself going in this difficult time but I am looking forward to working again 

Hi Lisa, Hey come out in your camper it's awesome!. I live near Cardiff. I left my old house in March to live in a camper and then moved back in July to sell mine and buy a better one - Now I live full time in a much better Motorhome on the outskirts of Newport. But I love the life!
  • Lisatho11987777
    I like going out in my camper van but I couldn't live in it all the time I like my house to much must be a good life though  I live in neath I like traveling around in my csmervan  though this yester has been harder to do thst 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I have been yo alot of places in my camper van but only in the UK  last year we went off for three weeks and went to Chester Blackpool fantasy Island  the Midlands then back into wsles 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @lisathomas50

That sounds like it must have been a brilliant trip in the camper van. Do you have plans to travel anywhere next year?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hopeing to but we will be locked down after Xmas fir three weeks to start with  and no end date need to find a job aswrl 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have any idea of the sort of job you are looking for @lisathomas50?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I want to do somrging different to what I normaly do I would like to do office work but I would need to do some training  I have done shop work before thats why u need help because I need a job thst I like and only want to work part time  and a job that is disability friendly  which I always get wrong and have lot my job because of it  I don't like not working as I have always worked the longest job I held down was at tesco for four years  and my second longest was in boots chemist fir 3 years  I liked that job but it was only part time and I wanted full time work then so I hope thst scope can help me I do have someone ohobeing me but can't remember what day 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @lisathomas50 - if you are having any difficulty in logging into your account you can email the 'Support to Work' team to check which day they were going to contact you. Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    or ring 0300 222 5742   Hope this helps.  :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Thank you I think its the 21st I akways have my phone by me anyway so should be OK 
  • chiarieds
    Great, kindly let us all know how you get on. :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    I will hope it goes well I need a light at the end of the tunnel 

Brightness