Random payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Random payment

river123
river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Hi I’ve been getting pip for a few months now but today I have recieved a payment of £10.. does anyone know why this could be? 

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Might be the Xmas bonus lol wooo I haven’t got mines I don’t think I thought it would of come with the usual payment or is it just a random 10 pound they just put in @poppy123456  would know
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
       It is your Christmas bonus, don't spend it all at once
  • river123
    Oh lol I never knew there was a Christmas bonus ?
  • cupcake88
    Yeh there’s a Xmas bonus not sure if I got mines I’ll check does every one get one on the same day 
  • river123
    @cupcake88 I’m not sure as I never knew there was one. I’m not due my pip until 2 weeks today this has just been a separate payment
  • cupcake88
    Yay I got mines yesterday . 
  • cupcake88
    I just checked 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes the Xmas bonus that's been out since the early 1970's that has never increased lol. Indeed, don't spend it all at once. My daughter had her's today but i haven't had mine yet. It's usually automatically paid to those that are eligible and can be anytime from now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    As above its the xmas bonus introduced in 1973 at £10 a year, had it increased with inflation it would be about £140 now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bumbles
    Bumbles Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Still waiting for mine to appear.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Got mine yesterday too.  Didn't get one last year (on ESA alone) so not sure what happened to it!  Previously it came within the ESA payment.  This year it came alone under the 'PIP' title.  Not sure if they've changed the process or if some of you will still get it in different ways.
  • Bumbles
    It does seem a random payment, my wife who is my carer and on carers allowance should get the extra £10 for some reason missed out on it last year, so we will see what happens in the next week or so.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes the Xmas bonus that's been out since the early 1970's that has never increased lol. Indeed, don't spend it all at once. My daughter had her's today but i haven't had mine yet. It's usually automatically paid to those that are eligible and can be anytime from now.
    If anyone is interested here is roughly how much the bonus could be today if it had gone up every year. That said I’m still grateful for mine and it couldn’t have come at a better time as I currently have £12 in my current account.

• Bumbles
    Has anyone still not had their xmas bonus payment yet? I get pip, esa and my wife gets carers allowance we have not had ours as of yet.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Bumbles said:
    Has anyone still not had their xmas bonus payment yet? I get pip, esa and my wife gets carers allowance we have not had ours as of yet.

There will be a lot of people still not had it and i'm one of them, although my daughter had her's last week. There's plenty of time to receive it still. Just so that you're aware, it's not always paid separately, sometimes it's added to an existing benefit payment, especially as you're claiming ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bumbles
    Hi Poppy,
    thank you for getting back to me so quickly, it’s nice to know I’m not alone in still waiting.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.