Do you buy your pets Christmas presents? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you buy your pets Christmas presents?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
I'm currently debating whether to get my cats a Christmas stocking each, despite the fact they get spoilt everyday of the year  :D

In the name of research, I wondered whether you planned on getting your pet a prezzie, and if so - what?  
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Do you buy your pets Christmas presents? 10 votes

Yes of course I do!
60%
poppy123456chiariedsWestHam06cupcake88Ross_AlumniOnMyLastNerve 6 votes
No, they are animals. Bah humbug.
10%
66Mustang 1 vote
I don't have a pet but wanted to join in.
30%
janer1967Tori_Scope[Deleted User] 3 votes

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    No because our dog doesn’t know what’s going on anyway and he gets spoilt every day too!

However other family members (who are a bit mad) have purchased presents for the dog and he has a Christmas stocking just as big as all of the humans! :D
  • 66Mustang
    I also have the same attitude towards babies - they don’t know what’s going on and surely most of “their” Christmas presents are really presents to help the parents out anyway.

I realise I am in the minority :D

All that said I wouldn’t have one of my prized possessions if babies didn’t get Christmas presents. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    @66Mustang Thank you for replying, and I have to ask, what is that prized possession?  :)

One of my cats has just done themselves no favours in the present stakes by ripping open a present under the tree.  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    Just a little teddy bear but it is priceless to me :smiley:

Haha, naughty cat :open_mouth:
  • Cher_Alumni
    That's so sweet!  I only have one teddy.  He's called Geoff ( :D ) and I've had him about ten years. 

Yes, Lavender is going to get a stern talking to when I see her next.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    When I had pets they always got a present and had Christmas dinner too 
  • Cher_Alumni
    A Christmas dinner!  :D  They were lucky things.  

Our cats will most likely have some chicken with a dessert of dreamies.

• 66Mustang
    I’m sure our dog will also get some turkey and potatoes... is there a “roll eyes” face? :D 

I do like him really!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes of course I do!
    We don't have pets but I normally buy something for the pets of the siblings :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes of course I do!
    Definitely, besides, my cat thinks he's part human, part cat :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Yes of course I do!
    That's so sweet!  I only have one teddy.  He's called Geoff ( :D ) and I've had him about ten years. 

Awww, i love this! I have a teddy too, her name is Holly and i've had her 14 years. She has her own set of clothes too. I take her to bed, wouldn't be able to sleep without her or Alfie (my cat)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @poppy123456 Ah you sound very much like me on a night-time.  Geoff on one side and Frank my oldest cat on the other  :D  Unfortunately, my boyfriend tends to get his nose shoved out by them ha.

• poppy123456
    Yes of course I do!
    @poppy123456 Ah you sound very much like me on a night-time.  Geoff on one side and Frank my oldest cat on the other  :D  Unfortunately, my boyfriend tends to get his nose shoved out by them ha.

Fortunately, i've been single for 17 years so don't have that problem :) There wouldn't be any room anyway lol.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes of course I do!
    Shadow has also asked for prawns for Christmas Dinner like last year. My very old bears, Teddy (who is as old as me) & Bearsy (who I got just before I was 5) sit on a shelf which is the same height as my bed, & right beside it. What's even more precious is that they both wear clothes my Mum knitted for them many years ago. <3
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Yes of course I do!
    Our dog has presents at Christmas and on his birthday, he's part of the family and joins in with everything including going on holiday :) He also has a Christmas dinner :) Thank you. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Definitely, besides, my cat thinks he's part human, part cat D

I'm sure he must drink his Bailey's out of a cat-sized glass @poppy123456 :D 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness