What’s the most recent show you’ve binge watched — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the most recent show you’ve binge watched

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
Mine is Wentworth prison, I'm addicted to it. 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Chris Ryans "Strike Back" on NOWTV 5 series each 10 episodes each series covering a different book.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Mine is Wentworth prison, I'm addicted to it. 
    @Tammyjane33 meet your pal her rules lol ? Will x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Currently watching line of duty
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I really enjoyed Line of Duty @janer1967, especially the earlier series. What do you think of it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    @Tori_Scope I am loving it just my sort of thing especially fits with my study in criminology 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah yes of course @janer1967! I'm sure that adds another level to it. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    Gavin & Stacey and Men Behaving Badly before that. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Below Deck: Sailing Yacht Season 1.  Then I've just started This is Us Season 5.  

Loving the other choices, Line of Duty was brilliant.  You can never beat a bit of Gavin and Stacey either  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Certainly been binge watching CNN just recently for obvious reasons. Down time for my sort of shows. No doubt will get the Arrowverse shows again at some point. My tivo box will be set to watch the NEW version of Celebration of Witches. Agents of Shield will have its last season at some point. I haven't been with my Doctor Who friends just lately, to know whatever has happened with that. The BBC hasn't been very fair with us on that in recent times. It also gave up on the great Sci Fi shows some time ago.
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    & this ad that has come on CNN just lately is one to watch, with presenters I've got to know and like why I watch that channel:  
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I have two beauties to add to my list, neither of which are that festive:

1) Murder on Middle Beach - this is on the Sky crime channel and is a 4-parter in which a man goes back to interview his family members as he tries to uncover more about the murder of his mum.  I won't give anything away but if you like real crime shows, this will be right up your street.  

2) Love after Lockup - this is on TLC and follows the eventful love-lives of prison inmates as they are released and partner up with their civvy soulmates on the outside.  It's American, possibly semi-scripted and deliciously rubbish viewing.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for us all?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    The Mandalorian on Disney Plus, also Star Trek Discovery on Netflix.

• janer1967
    I have just watched 
    Unforgotten on netflix 3 seasons it was fantastic 

It's about old missing people who's bodies are found years later and the investigation to find the killers. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    The most recent show I have watched is Life On Mars :) Absolutely brilliant and looking forward to starting Ashes to Ashes :) My go to show is Last Tango in Halifax :)@janer1967 , I see you have just finished watching Unforgotten Series 3, absolutely fantastic show with Nicola Walker who I think is brilliant and is also in Last Tango in Halifax :) Please may I ask, have you seen series 1 and 2 of Unforgotten? Thank you. 
  • janer1967
    Hi @WestHam06
    Yes I have watched all 3 binge watched couldn't stop myself was so good 

Just started designated survivor 
  • 66Mustang
    I don't watch TV but I do enjoy looking up clips from TV shows on YouTube. I always end up clicking on a suggested video after watching a clip and then doing the same again after watching that one. I think they call that "falling down a YouTube hole".

Most recently I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers, and of course Top Gear which is my staple. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I never watched Top Gear, I don't like Jeremy Clarkson, anyone else who belted his producer the way he did would've been fired on the spot and would never work in TV again.

• 66Mustang
    I don't take much interest in what happens behind the scenes but I thought he had been fired from the BBC. He now works for Amazon Prime I believe.

Though that may be for something else he did, he doesn't have a very clean track record.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I've recently watched (again) all 10 series of "Benidorm", real shame they stopped making it. Also watched everything i player has on "mrs Browns Boys" so funny, will be looking forward to the new episodes over xmas probably the only thing I will watch on TV.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness