Only on standard Mobility will I still get my enhanced employment and support allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Only on standard Mobility will I still get my enhanced employment and support allowance

npower36912
npower36912 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hey, I was getting Enhanced daily living pip and standard mobility , I have just been sent a letter saying I don’t qualify for daily living allowance anymore but am able to get standard mobility I am going to appeal this but I know it can take some time , I was getting enhanced esa which was about £398 every 2 weeks I was just wondering would this be cut to a different amount I am in the support group for esa aswell 
thanks 
n

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @npower36912 - I'm sorry your PIP has been reduced, but pleased you are going to appeal this. You should ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, putting this in writing, within 1 month of the date on your decision letter. Where you feel you should have gained points, try & give a couple of detailed responses for each applicable activity/descriptor that applies to yourself. Try & say why was the activity difficult when you attempted this at the time of your assessment. What happened, & was there any consequence to this?
    If you haven't already done so, please have a look at the following link which gives a list of these activities: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf     Please also read the notes at the end, as you should be able to do any activity 'reliably.' This means safely, to an acceptable standard, it shouldn't take you more than twice as long as someone without your disability, & you should be able to repeat such an activity as often as would reasonably be expected.
    As it sounds like you probably got the Severe Disability Premium due to having had the daily living component of PIP, then unfortunately this will reduce your ESA at the moment.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no such thing as Enhanced ESA. It's Support Group, which as @chiarieds has correctly advised included the Severe disability prremium.

Not having a daily living award of PIP may also affect other benefits you may already be claiming. If you're claiming housing benefit then this maybe affected, for example, if you're under 35 and privately renting with no dependents living with you then you will only be entitled to the shared rate of local housing allowance.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • npower36912
    I am under 35 and live by myself I think my esa will go back to 250 every 2 weeks ...I don’t share a flat 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    Your ESA will be £130.65 per week.

Also if you are privately renting then you will only be entitled to the shared rate of local housing allowance for your housing benefit. With the daily living award of PIP that you previously had this would have entitled you to the 1 bedroom rate of local housing allowance. You can check here how much your housing benefit will be at the lower rate. https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/

Although DWP do share information with your local council, you will still need to report those changes and ring them.

If there's a large shortfall for your rent you can apply for a discretionary housing payment. There's no guarantee that you will get this and if you do it's only paid for a short period of time and then you'll need to reapply. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • npower36912
    edited November 2020
    Hey 

thanks I have just checked and it says I’ll be entitled to 103 a week so that’s actually mote then my housing benefit which was 328 every 4 weeks is this right
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    That doesn't sound correct. If you're privately renting then you need to make sure you drop the box down to shared accommodation.
  • npower36912
    Ok I shall ring housing benefit tomorrow and change it says 65 but I live in a 1 bedroom flat which is privately rented so wouldn’t this come under 1 bedroom?....And also I am going to write a letter to Pip for a mandatory reconsideration as I don’t think I have been scored correctly...I was just wondering if they did instate it again would I have to apply for normal housing benefit again and also my premium if I do get a yes?
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    Although you live in a 1 bedroom flat i'm afraid because you are under 35 with no daily living award for PIP, this means that you will only be entitled to the shared rate of local housing allowance, which will be considerably less then the 1 bedroom rate. How much per month is your rent?

Shared accommodation rate

You usually only get the shared accommodation rate if:

• you're a single person under 35
    • children don't live with you
    If you were awarded daily living PIP again then you just report the changes to your local council and your housing benefit will increase to the 1 bedroom rate of LHA. This will also be backdated to the date it was decreased.

• npower36912
    Yes that makes sense to me ok my rent is £350 so I would have to pay the rest myself?
  • npower36912
    Ok thank you very much for your information I will just have to make do until my pip is hopefully reinstated as I feel like I’m entitled to it but I don’t make the decision :smile:
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you will need to pay the remainder yourself. Please see the link i posted above about applying for the discretionary housing payment. It's not guaranteed you'll receive it but it's definitely worth applying for.
  • npower36912
    Ok what about council tax?
  • poppy123456
    I can't advise about council tax reduction because all local councils have their own criteria.
  • npower36912
    Hello @poppy123456...As I Am in the income Support Group Does That Mean I will still get severe disability premium as on gov site it said I will

thanks 

n
  • poppy123456
    There's no such thing as the income support group when claiming ESA.

Do you currently have a daily living award of PIP? Your first post here on this thread says that you lost the daily living part of PIP and now only claim the mobility part, is that still correct?

Sorry for the questions but more information is needed before any advice can be given.
  • npower36912
    Hello No I still don’t get daily living pip but when I checked the gov site for esa it said if your in a support group for income supported esa your still able to get the premium 

thanks 
    n
  • poppy123456
    You are looking at the Enhanced disability premium (£17.10 per week) which is automatically paid when claiming Income Related ESA. The severe disability premium you're talking about doesn't apply to you because you're not claiming daily living PIP. For the SDP you must be claiming a qualifying benefit and live alone, with no one claiming carers allowance for looking after you.

On the gov,uk web site here, scroll down the severe disability premium and you'll clearly see that a daily living award of PIP is part of the criteria that is needed. https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums/eligibility

Hope this helps.

• npower36912
    Ok thank you...I live by myself but my pip reconsideration was denied ....Will I have to let esa know or will they automatically reduce my money 

thanks 

n
  • poppy123456
    Your money should have automatically been reduced when the PIP decision was made, which was quite sometime ago. You should now be receiving £261.30 every fortnight.

As the MR decision didn't change then it will be Tribunal for your next step.
  • npower36912
    edited December 2020
    ok my esa is still 398 every 2 weeks that is why I’m confused

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.