How long after winning appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after winning appeal?

Options
natekd30
natekd30 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I was just wondering once people had won an appeal and had their claim sent to be processed how long did it take for their money to go in their account

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome it can take 2 -8 weeks for back pay to be paid but there are no set timescales it depends on workload and back logs 

Well done on your appeal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Options
    HI,

Once payment has been made it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank, depending on who you bank with.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • natekd30
    natekd30 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    It’s been sent to the processing department will I receive anything to say the payment has been sent
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will get an award letter detailing payments but in a lot of cases the money is in your account b4 you get the letter and with current postal delays this would be likely 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @natekd30. I just wanted to add my congratulations for winning your appeal. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    Options
    natekd30 said:
    It’s been sent to the processing department will I receive anything to say the payment has been sent

You will not receive anything to say that payment has been sent. As it's UC you're claiming then the decision letter will be uploaded onto your journal, they don't send paper based letters out when claiming UC.

Whether you're owed any backdated money will depend on what the decision was. If it's just LCW and your claim started after April 2017 then there will be no backdated money and no extra money per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nathankd
    nathankd Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    It’s pip I’m claiming not uc
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Oh, i see. Regardless, they still don't tell you when payment has been sent. You will receive a decision letter with payment details on there but usually this is after you've received payment.
  • nathankd
    nathankd Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    It was declined and I won through appeal it’s with appeals team to work out my arrears as I was award from September 2019 so they owe me a big sum in arrears just rang should be in within 2 weeks I’m owed just under 6000 in arrears

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.